Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wii U for $225?

Discuss about your favorite (gaming...or not) devices here. The most popular ones will end up getting their own categories
Discuss (Official) Games for your favorite platforms
S1NFUL

Wii U for $225?

Post by S1NFUL »

I'm able to get a brand new Wii U for $225 free shipping from an established website (they're having a "fire"-type sale). Should I? Is it worth it?
Advertising
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
man_of_power05

Re: Wii U for $225?

Post by man_of_power05 »

if you have the money and love nintendo franchizes, why not. the promise of bayonetta 2 for wii u might be reason enough. if you're interested in any of those, yea it might be worth it
Advertising
Kagaelus
Location: Legal Washington? Surrounded by a hazy cloud of smoke;)

Post by Kagaelus »

If you have the money to spare why not? Sounds like a decent deal, especially if it's the deluxe:)
Asscreed white wifi 32gb card uno TN-C 8gb card with ARK
PSPgo 32gb PRO-C
Kratos 32gb psp 2000 PRO-C
Please support GCW Zero on kicktstarter. Really research and think about it if you're a retro fan people. Long Live Open source Platforms
JVC

Post by JVC »

Kagaelus wrote:If you have the money to spare why not? Sounds like a decent deal, especially if it's the deluxe:)
Just make sure its a trusty place to get it,you should,id give you some to get me one :D
21,EC,nuff said.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

If you want a gimmicky console with a bad catalogue of games then go for it :)
IMHO just save that money towards a PS4 or 720
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

Jd8531 wrote:If you want a gimmicky console with a bad catalogue of games then go for it :)
bad catalogue of games lol. me thinks people forget that bad launch titles doesn't mean much anymore. ps3 had terrible launch titles. the only one i got was heavenly sword.

and everyone says microsoft and sony are announcing and releasing their consoles this year. i kinda doubt that especially because no console (to my knowlage) was ever released in the same year as it was first announced. also sony would be in a really bad position if they tried releasing a new console at this point. vita still isn't doing so great
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

man_of_power05 wrote:
Jd8531 wrote:If you want a gimmicky console with a bad catalogue of games then go for it :)
bad catalogue of games lol. me thinks people forget that bad launch titles doesn't mean much anymore. ps3 had terrible launch titles. the only one i got was heavenly sword.

and everyone says microsoft and sony are announcing and releasing their consoles this year. i kinda doubt that especially because no console (to my knowlage) was ever released in the same year as it was first announced. also sony would be in a really bad position if they tried releasing a new console at this point. vita still isn't doing so great
It's nothing to do with launch titles, it's nintendos track record. They tend to sell on Mario's, Zelda's ect and that's it. Which there's nothing wrong with, but the wii was less than stellar. What I was getting at was to wait until bigger titles are out that aren't launch titles and get one then or when a price drop occurs. I still think the whole touch screen tablet controller is gimmicky. However, my expectations are the 720 for fall 2013 and the ps4 sometime in 2014
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

Jd8531 wrote:
man_of_power05 wrote:

It's nothing to do with launch titles, it's nintendos track record. They tend to sell on Mario's, Zelda's ect and that's it. Which there's nothing wrong with, but the wii was less than stellar. What I was getting at was to wait until bigger titles are out that aren't launch titles and get one then or when a price drop occurs. I still think the whole touch screen tablet controller is gimmicky. However, my expectations are the 720 for fall 2013 and the ps4 sometime in 2014
actually i used the controller. very responsive even more than 3ds touch screen. no stylus needed and it feels just like a capasitive touch screen, despite being resistive.

also nintendo is kinda tricky. it seems nintendo is taking a bunch of hints from sony and microsoft (the good and the bad business decisions) and yet they still don't want to compete with them. that is both good and bad. its good because they can branch out and innovate without having to worry about having raw power in their console. its also bad becuase people look at them, see that they don't offer the same things sony and microsoft offer, and just ignore them. nintendo doesn't have that much problems with 3rd party support on 3ds but they have trouble with third party support with the wii u. its still new though.
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

Meh...I'll just pick up the next gen consoles first, and then when I can find this system (and when it has tons of great games) for a low price, maybe then I'll pick it up. Thanks for the suggestions.
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
crashrash23

Post by crashrash23 »

Hey if you could buy it then sell it somewhere else for a higher price, maybe it's worth the buy :P
IDK what price at walmart is but if its 300+ then you could try.
I think it is probally worth it, depending on the games you like to play.

Return to “Games”