Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

steven_pat16
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by steven_pat16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi all,

I have the UNO exploit and one of the main motivations for me to update was that the PSASBR Kat and Emmet DLC was due to be released in January and would only be free for a limited time so I needed PSN access. However, as the DLC release date got pushed back to February, there was a nagging suspicion that there would be an update incoming right before the release so as to persuade people like me to either update or lose out on the free DLC...Sony you never fail to surprise!

/rant over

I am curious to see how many people are in a similar position and will you update or not?
Advertising

User avatar
JonathanH
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:08 am
Location: The Dark Depths of the Internet

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by JonathanH » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)
Advertising
Image

VivaLaVita
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by VivaLaVita » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

PSASBR ??? :?

xoombie503
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 am

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by xoombie503 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

if you upfatr,this is it pal.no more ecf for a while for u

steven_pat16
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by steven_pat16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 pm

VivaLaVita wrote:PSASBR ??? :?

Sorry, thought the acronym was well known, it's PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

steven_pat16
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by steven_pat16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)
Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.

steven_pat16
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by steven_pat16 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

xoombie503 wrote:if you upfatr,this is it pal.no more ecf for a while for u
Yeah I know...we have been pretty lucky to have had these exploits released within a short span of time...dang these hard decisions!

VivaLaVita
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by VivaLaVita » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

steven_pat16 wrote:
VivaLaVita wrote:PSASBR ??? :?

Sorry, thought the acronym was well known, it's PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.
Hahahah I feel dumb now lol

PCMGR
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by PCMGR » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 pm

steven_pat16 wrote:
JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)
Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.

Hmmm...
The DS saw the release of 2 pokemon gens and the Golden Sun 3 and another 2k-ish games (even if you consider half of it trash,the other half is still quite a big number)...I think it was about time to start dying.
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]

steven_pat16
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 am

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by steven_pat16 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 am

PCMGR wrote:
steven_pat16 wrote:
JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)
Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.

Hmmm...
The DS saw the release of 2 pokemon gens and the Golden Sun 3 and another 2k-ish games (even if you consider half of it trash,the other half is still quite a big number)...I think it was about time to start dying.
True, but look at the 3DS and PS Vita now? Especially on the 3DS there is very little 3rd party support, a majority of their current games are made by Nintendo. Similarly, the Vita has a very small game library so I do think the way DS and PSP was treated had an effect on the willingness of developers to develop games for the portable consoles.

Post Reply

Return to “Homebrews”