Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Why I think the Vita isn't selling too well

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
wartaf

Re: Why I think the Vita isn't selling too well

Post by wartaf »

it's probably the price and without having a lot of great games.
Advertising
PS Vita white 1.81 FW + eCFW (Gravity Crash Portable)

ako'y isang Pinoy ONE PIECE fan
dedede

Post by dedede »

For me it's all about the marketing - in Australia I walked into JB HiFi (leading retailer) on launch day - vita who?? *** display - 4 games- uneducated sales people - where's the hype ? It's really disappointing as I genuinely "love" my Vita - I want it to be successful. I try to spread the love with my friends, but its still a whole lot of Vita who?
Advertising
DrROBschiz

Post by DrROBschiz »

To solution has been obvious forever

Drop the Price on hardware/MEMORY

Make more games

Also they need to make a push to localize big Japanese titles. I feel like we are going to miss out on some of the biggest games available for the system.
john10101

Post by john10101 »

People will always pay the price, provided they get what they want. Games. First off you have a console that is geared towards a downloadable game market, then you choke it by only offering very small cards, at very expensive prices. I should not have to pay 60$ for a game then another 50 to store that game on my console. its just silly.

i know they will never do it, but support homebrew/ importing of old games. why should i have to by the same game twice. why are some games not available for vita when theres clearly no reason it should not be (im talking to you mega man) why can i play some games through remote play but not copy them to my vita (silent hill ps1) especially when other ps1 games copy just fine.

in the end it all comes down to games. There are quit a few negatives about this console. but the hardware is leaps ahead of anything else. but you cant win on hardware alone. Thats how Nintendo sticks around. their hardware is not top of the line, but the games they have are suited to it, and they are fun to play. Also i would be nice if more game dev's took advantage of the vita as a controller/ extra screen but until alot of vita's are sold why would they bother coding it?

also why did they only put in 2 shoulder buttons, having 4 like ps has been since the PS1 would really increase game compatibility and open a lot of doors.
JonathanH

Post by JonathanH »

I'm not complaining about 32 gb of data for 100$

Geez you people are so picky, Sony used to sell their PSP memory sticks way overpriced like 50$ for a 2gb.....
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

Not the card game which was for PSP and it was called Acid the card game. I did not really get in to that game.
You should play the first one and then part 2. They are pretty good games.
keyz16b

Post by keyz16b »

the reasons posted here why the vita isn't selling well are all valid. the psv is probably the greatest portable created (?). sad it not a success.
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

VivaLaVita wrote:
Not the card game which was for PSP and it was called Acid the card game. I did not really get in to that game.

You should play the first one and then part 2. They are pretty good games.
I got to purchase them again i do not have them anymore.
Game On!
ad2948

Post by ad2948 »

JonathanH wrote:I'm not complaining about 32 gb of data for 100$

Geez you people are so picky, Sony used to sell their PSP memory sticks way overpriced like 50$ for a 2gb.....
Price per gigabyte is way higher than other flash memory formats. I can get a 64gb micro sd for half that. That said I still paid 80$ for the 32gb card :(
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

ad2948 wrote:
JonathanH wrote:I'm not complaining about 32 gb of data for 100$

Price per gigabyte is way higher than other flash memory formats. I can get a 64gb micro sd for half that. That said I still paid 80$ for the 32gb card :(
Yeh but that was way back in the day. Prices have come way down since then. I paid 60 for my 8GB PSP stick in 07-ish. Which was still high then.

Return to “General”