#231118 by steven_pat16
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm
Hi all,

I have the UNO exploit and one of the main motivations for me to update was that the PSASBR Kat and Emmet DLC was due to be released in January and would only be free for a limited time so I needed PSN access. However, as the DLC release date got pushed back to February, there was a nagging suspicion that there would be an update incoming right before the release so as to persuade people like me to either update or lose out on the free DLC...Sony you never fail to surprise!

/rant over

I am curious to see how many people are in a similar position and will you update or not?
Advertising
#231309 by JonathanH
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm
Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)
Advertising
#231466 by steven_pat16
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm
JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)


Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.
#231472 by PCMGR
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 pm
steven_pat16 wrote:
JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)


Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.



Hmmm...
The DS saw the release of 2 pokemon gens and the Golden Sun 3 and another 2k-ish games (even if you consider half of it trash,the other half is still quite a big number)...I think it was about time to start dying.
#231536 by steven_pat16
Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 am
PCMGR wrote:
steven_pat16 wrote:
JonathanH wrote:Sony makes 40% of whatever they sell from GameDev's.

So keeping exploited games out on the market longer will = more cash

Got to roll in those numbers, highest selling game of December, Uno :)


Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.



Hmmm...
The DS saw the release of 2 pokemon gens and the Golden Sun 3 and another 2k-ish games (even if you consider half of it trash,the other half is still quite a big number)...I think it was about time to start dying.


True, but look at the 3DS and PS Vita now? Especially on the 3DS there is very little 3rd party support, a majority of their current games are made by Nintendo. Similarly, the Vita has a very small game library so I do think the way DS and PSP was treated had an effect on the willingness of developers to develop games for the portable consoles.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests