Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial: How to install homebrew and iso/cso in ARK

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
JonathanH

Re: Tutorial: How to install homebrew and iso/cso in ARK

Post by JonathanH »

Op are you sure about the homebrew installation?
I already know how to install ISO's just zip and drop in a separate save game.

I do it the exact way mentioned for homebrews I even put it in the uno folder and a separate folder to try it out.

Structure:
CRAFT.ZIP/CRAFT/EBOOT.PBP

I put the homebrew zip in 2 directories to test it none of them worked.

NPUXXXXXXX/CRAFT.ZIP extracted, nothing
NPUXXXXuno/CRAFT.ZIP extracted, nothing
Advertising
drawerfloat

Post by drawerfloat »

I'm switch to TN-C to install homebrew and moving ISO games to iso folder. Then I switch back to ARK. I found it very hard way to install homebrew and moving iso using ARK. You can just do all this in TN menu.
Advertising
PS3 CECH-3001A latest OFW
PS Vita PCH-1001 3.51
PSP 3000 6.20 LME 2.3
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

JonathanH wrote:Op are you sure about the homebrew installation?
I already know how to install ISO's just zip and drop in a separate save game.

I do it the exact way mentioned for homebrews I even put it in the uno folder and a separate folder to try it out.

Structure:
CRAFT.ZIP/CRAFT/EBOOT.PBP

I put the homebrew zip in 2 directories to test it none of them worked.

NPUXXXXXXX/CRAFT.ZIP extracted, nothing
NPUXXXXuno/CRAFT.ZIP extracted, nothing
Hi JonathanH, I'm not sure what the problem is in this case. Just to make sure, for ISO you need not zip them at all. You only need to name them in capital letters. The only reason I could find to zip them would be to extract them in the appropriate folder (mso:/iso) under ARK. I never tried doing this but i assume it would work.

As for the Homebrew. Lets pretend that you used the save folder for Final Fantasy tactics (ULUS10297FFT0000). now, under vita open cma and transfer the save file for that game. Once you do this you should access ARK and browse for that folder under game/savegame. When you find that folder, you should see the zip. extract it and it should show up under psp/game. If it doesn't show up there then I am not sure why. The usual answer lies within how you structure the zip file itself but you seem to be saying that you are following the proper structure.

One alternative that you could do is to transfer the zip manually through the ftp hombrew on vita via your browser. But, you will then have to extract it and might face the same problem (program dissappears). One last option could be to simply use ftp and browse the folder structure of your memory card on the vita via your computer. Try to find a folder named CRAFT. If you do then you have likely found where your homebrew went.

Anyone else have any ideas here?
Nickozik

Post by Nickozik »

Thanks for this tuto but I have a problem at step 4
4. place the homebrew in a savedata folder OTHER than the folder where you have your UNO/Urbanix/Monster Hunter exploit
I have no OTHERS savegame folder on PC than the one used for the exploit. Does it mean I have to create myself another folder ?
Nickozik

Post by Nickozik »

Sorry my last question was a little bit stupid...
I just make a copy from PSVITA to PC via OPENCMA and all the folder are here...
Thanks !
ASKidwai

Post by ASKidwai »

Oh my god am I an idiot! It actually shows up when you click the Up arrow key....................... My god....

Accidents are good stuff man. Good stuff
mannyluv3

Post by mannyluv3 »

Dutt wrote:Heres how I do it..
Start Vita FTP and then connect with fav FTP PC App.. go to ISO Folder Transfer any amount of files with any Name i want to the ISO folder.. Done.
Same with Homebrew But into the required folder i want it in.
How long does it take to transfer ISO to the ISO folder using FTP, I'm doing that as we speak with the socom ISO and it shows 6 hours remaining to transfer files...

Return to “ARK”