Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
#227374 by Acid_Snake
Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:27 pm
The Z wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
The Z wrote:two: some software doesnt work with enabled ms speed up or iso cache

name one, cause seriously, in all the months me and other beta-testers have been using ARK, we have NEVER needed to change the iso driver or speed up ms




give me the link, I must try it with pyMenu
Advertising
#227377 by wth
Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 pm
sogarth wrote:Looks like I might be able to do it with the MacroFire plugin, but that's pretty heavy-handed. On the other hand, if it works... ;)

Just a simple hook to do, and actually since TN did it in his cef and released the src you could even copy-paste his and make it into a simple new plugin lol :mrgreen:
Advertising
#227378 by The Z
Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm
Acid_Snake wrote:give me the link, I must try it with pyMenu


Video description.
#227466 by cosvel
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 am
PSPlorer v1.5 won't work on Ark to, not for me at least.
Crash in "Scanning UM ..."
#227487 by RPT111
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 am
ARK is just such a better cfew or what ever. I don't see why people have the WANT of going in and changing the CPU speed, drivers, or what ever. It seems that people have a problem rolling with what ever they are given, even though it is free. If you want the option of going into a config menu stay with TN-C and enjoy not being able to load the games ARK does. Honestly get over it.

btw: ARK is very finicky at times. Was the game in the video just plugged in a ready to play or was there some looking into why it didn't work?
Last edited by RPT111 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#227513 by Chiodo
Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 am
RPT111 wrote:ARK is just such a better cfew or what ever. I don't see why people have the WANT of going in and changing the CPU speed, drivers, or what ever. It seems that people have a problem rolling with what ever they are given, even though it is free. If you want the option of going into a config menu stay with TN-C and enjoy not being able to load the games ARK does. Honestly get over it.


Would lowering the CPU speed increase battery life?

On the psp I would decrease the CPU speed to get longer battery life. Worked well when playing warsong for hours :)
#227573 by RPT111
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 am
Chiodo wrote:
RPT111 wrote:ARK is just such a better cfew or what ever. I don't see why people have the WANT of going in and changing the CPU speed, drivers, or what ever. It seems that people have a problem rolling with what ever they are given, even though it is free. If you want the option of going into a config menu stay with TN-C and enjoy not being able to load the games ARK does. Honestly get over it.


Would lowering the CPU speed increase battery life?

On the psp I would decrease the CPU speed to get longer battery life. Worked well when playing warsong for hours :)

It would make what ever you are playing possibly unstable. In this reality your vita would crash. In an alt time line it would destroy the world. Do you really want to destroy the earth to play a game?

Anyway, joking aside you can save battery life by just turning the brightness down and a little with the volume. Look at the exploit as playing a game in a game. your going to eat a little bit more power anyway.
#227640 by foxsevent
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm
Acid_Snake wrote:there is one reason why you cant change settings --> THERE IS NO NEED TO

- changing the iso driver is needed for CEF because it uses the old m33 driver, which hasn't been updated in a while, ARK has Inferno, which is a lot more compatible than m33 and np9660

- changing the cpu speed on the vita is the dumbest thing to do, the vita already overclocks the cpu speed to somewhere close to 500mhz, why in the world would you want to underclock it?

- also, why the heck will you want to disable ms speed up and iso cache?

as you see, there is no real reason to configure anything, as it's already in its best state, messing with the default configuration will do more harm than good



Inferno driver being better then M33 i dunno i had Teams PRO CFW on my PSP and i had less issues running games with M33 then with INFERNO.

Would love to know where did you get that info that PS VITA PSP emu runs at close 500mhz cause i haven't notice any difference between T_N CEF running at 333/166 and Team PRO ARK supposedly running by default speed which you claim is 500mhz.

Both MS SPEED UP and ISO cache won't help that much due to PS VITA and PSP emulator limitations.
1. PS VITA memory card speed is around 6-7MB/s read while my PSP memory card does 16MB/s.
2. ISO cache is nothing new it was in PSP Slim it was just called "UMD Cache" and utilized the 32mb of extra RAM while PS VITA emulates the PSP 1k FAT models with no extra RAM, so theres really no space for a cache.
#227641 by foxsevent
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm
Sorry for double POST.

One thing sorry for starting this argument but i wouldn't have asked these question if these things you said were written somewhere in the README or on the site.

The only thing written and thats on wololo.net is that it has MS Speed UP and ISO cache theres no mention of what driver it uses thou i guess i could guess it being
TEAM PRO work but still theres no mention of CPU configuration and the fact that still is not proven that PS VITA PSP emu by default runs at 500mhz and setting it to 333/166 under clocks it.

Besides all that been running ARK for a day and only 2 issues persist.
1.Reset combo not working in all games.
2.Game crashing when using the reset combo with some games example "Crimson Gem Saga".

Cheers.
#227659 by Dutt
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 pm
The Z wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
The Z wrote:two: some software doesnt work with enabled ms speed up or iso cache

name one, cause seriously, in all the months me and other beta-testers have been using ARK, we have NEVER needed to change the iso driver or speed up ms




I have a video of this working on ARK..

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests