Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

A Monster Hunter Thought

Discuss official PS Vita games here
swallow1106

Re: A Monster Hunter Thought

Post by swallow1106 »

Unless SONY can convince Capcom it's profitable to create MH a SONY system despite the huge development cost I don't see how this will happen.

MHtri was originally intended to be for PS3 yet the scrapped for Wii when everyone knows how hacked Wii had been and Nintendo have done minimal effort to prevent it from being happening. I think that goes to show how expensive it is to develop for SONY.

Who knows though, MH4 isn't scheduled until summer 2013, which means new generation of console might be in the horizon and Capcom might decide to change their mind again like what they did with PS3 --> Wii.
Advertising
tedl

Post by tedl »

Capcom prefers Nintendo at this time. But we will see how does everything go, I think if the sale number of PS serials continuously goes up. They will have the MH4 for Sony. But you know, we will SS now. They are kind of similar.
Advertising
swallow1106

Post by swallow1106 »

To set the score straight... Capcom did initially announced Monster Hunter Tri for PS3, but it was abandoned due to development cost and went with Wii. This is done despite the huge hacking community behind Wii and Capcom still deemed it more profitable to develop for Nintendo.

Now, having that said, unless SONY can convince Capcom otherwise by offering better deal on development kit or even online patching (SONY charges a lot for patching as we all know) I don't see Capcom changing their mind anytime soon. That combined with SONY's JAPAN studio now has its own Monster Hunter Clone (Soul Sacrifice). The chance for SONY to encourage Capcom to release MH on SONY device seemed even more deem, unless of course Soul Sacrifice is a total complete failure.

Long story short, MH most likely will not see any day light in SONY devices now that SONY has its own clone developed in house.
xibalba78

Post by xibalba78 »

Even though Monster Hunter did sell really well on the psp and did sell a lot of hardware at its launch, fact is that its easier to develop for a under-powered cheap console that has good sales and gives more in return for less work. Capcom is a publisher whose only interest is profits and bottom margins. MH is just one of other franchises that are making them money and as the guys in charge said "it made sense at the time to go with the 3DS" Since it is cheaper to develop a game for it than the PSVITA with its higher hardware and more work.
Later more details came out that MH4 was actually in development along side MH3 for the wii and at the time the 3ds was already out and dev's had a chance to just port what they were working on to that while the vita wasn't even available for the Devs to work with it. So in the end be it for financial reasons, Sony being late with its dev kits, or just luck it seems that Capcom doesn't care if it ignores its sony fans and loose money and customers in that front, they have other stuff they can work on and make more money, There still is hope though with Soul Sacrifice being a Monster hunter type game with magic and it seems ok so theres still an alternative.

Bit off topic but do you guys think Bioshock for the PSVITA will be made? A couple of weeks ago one of the directors said it was still in the "planing stage" now that they finished Bioshock Infinite. Seems its stil on paper meaning its maybe a yes if sales increase but I think its gonna be scrapped too.
falseheroes

Post by falseheroes »

I think capcom was afraid that sony might shutdown due to financial probems. I have read somewhere that sony is incurring losses this passed few years. Please correct me I am wrong though. :)
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
xibalba78

Post by xibalba78 »

falseheroes wrote:I think capcom was afraid that sony might shutdown due to financial probems. I have read somewhere that sony is incurring losses this passed few years. Please correct me I am wrong though. :)
Good point, that also was announced while the PSVITA was still being called the NGP and no dev kits were really released, Which explains the lack of games from developers picking the projects up from fear of loosing money/not having faith or knowledge what the vita could really do. Only a few people actually got the dev kits early enough and those were the people who makes Sony Exclusive tittles like Resistance, LBP, and Uncharted while the rest 3rd parties had to wait to see how things played out.
What Sony really needs is some really good tittles to be annouce like another Medal Gear Solid, GTA game , or God of War to be annouced and help build up hype and sales and save it from spiraling into failure as it slowly seems to be even though I love my VIta and Im sure many many others do. OH and a price cut could help even if its just a little one on the memory cards and system.
GonnaGetPSVita

Post by GonnaGetPSVita »

xibalba78 wrote:Even though Monster Hunter did sell really well on the psp and did sell a lot of hardware at its launch, fact is that its easier to develop for a under-powered cheap console that has good sales and gives more in return for less work. Capcom is a publisher whose only interest is profits and bottom margins. MH is just one of other franchises that are making them money and as the guys in charge said "it made sense at the time to go with the 3DS" Since it is cheaper to develop a game for it than the PSVITA with its higher hardware and more work.
Later more details came out that MH4 was actually in development along side MH3 for the wii and at the time the 3ds was already out and dev's had a chance to just port what they were working on to that while the vita wasn't even available for the Devs to work with it. So in the end be it for financial reasons, Sony being late with its dev kits, or just luck it seems that Capcom doesn't care if it ignores its sony fans and loose money and customers in that front, they have other stuff they can work on and make more money, There still is hope though with Soul Sacrifice being a Monster hunter type game with magic and it seems ok so theres still an alternative.

Bit off topic but do you guys think Bioshock for the PSVITA will be made? A couple of weeks ago one of the directors said it was still in the "planing stage" now that they finished Bioshock Infinite. Seems its stil on paper meaning its maybe a yes if sales increase but I think its gonna be scrapped too.
and don't forget Soul Sacrifice has online multiplayer unlike MH 3rd which use PS3's Adhoc Party App for Online Play :)
- PSVita 3G / 32GB
- PSVita Wifi / 64GB
- Wacom Cintiq 13HD
- AKG K701
brunomuska

Post by brunomuska »

Man, I must say that I've played Soul Sacrifice demo and didn't liked. The few quests that I was abble to do, where a little boring. Dunno, but I don't think that this is a MonHun clone.. It's magic based, not item based like the capcom hit (I know that you gather the magic). And the character movement seems to be more like the Gods Eater than Monster Hunter... But it's just my opinion.
Do or do not. There's no try.
davey8384

Post by davey8384 »

brunomuska wrote:Man, I must say that I've played Soul Sacrifice demo and didn't liked. The few quests that I was abble to do, where a little boring. Dunno, but I don't think that this is a MonHun clone.. It's magic based, not item based like the capcom hit (I know that you gather the magic). And the character movement seems to be more like the Gods Eater than Monster Hunter... But it's just my opinion.
That review is a bit disappointing lol. Was looking forward to it because of the lack of a MH title. I wish I could try out the demo for myself but sadly it's not available for the US :-( All i've seen are the various videos on the net and reviews, so far it's a bit 50/50.
VivaLaVita

Post by VivaLaVita »

I'm so sick of CRAPCOM at the moment!

They really have no respect or appreciation of their fans. AT ALL! Monster Hunter started on PS2, went to PSP and from there became wildly successful and popular. (earning CRAPCOM millions) If it were not for Sony inventing the PSP, Capcom would have NO platform to develop on. (original DS?! ****)

Then when Sony makes yet ANOTHER platform perfect for monster hunter series, they spit in their fans faces and develop for the inferior (in comparison) 3DS and attach a stupid second analog stick gimmick onto it. THAT IS NOT WHAT YOUR FANS WANT CAPCOM! AND YOU KNOW IT!

Capcom knows that their fans wanted (and still want) a TRUE dual analog stick (STICK NOT SLIDERS!) monster hunter game, but instead they sold out all of those people that made it possible for them to even stay in business right now, (Crapcom was hurting before the monster hunter craze) to go to another platform that was so unsuited for the system they needed to invent a stupid accessory to even play it properly.

Crapcom just wanted to make more money on the 3DS and they are a business who can blame them? But NOT when they do it at the expense of their loyal fanbase and the only tech company who was willing to create the kind of platform they needed, that was powerful enough, and released at the right time for them to rake in millions. (PSP)

HOW SOON YOU FORGET GREEDY PIGS!

not to mention how they blamed their own fans for them cancelling the Megaman legends 3 project. I'm not even a fan of those games and it *** me off.

Return to “Games”