Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

By-passing PSN with out-of-date Vita

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
D-TeK-DeV

By-passing PSN with out-of-date Vita

Post by D-TeK-DeV »

When do you think it'll be possible to be able to play online without having the latest FW (Firmware)? 2.02 wasn't forced because it wasn't a very important patch, but due to the exploit, the next update will need you to be on the latest FW to play online. To by-pass an update on the PSP, it used a plugin that needed CFW (The plugin tricked the system into thinking that it was the latest FW). It would be great if that Open CMA app took part into something like this.
Advertising
rafael707

Re: By-passing PSN with out-of-date Vita

Post by rafael707 »

D-TeK-DeV wrote:When do you think it'll be possible to be able to play online without having the latest FW (Firmware)? 2.02 wasn't forced because it wasn't a very important patch, but due to the exploit, the next update will need you to be on the latest FW to play online. To by-pass an update on the PSP, it used a plugin that needed CFW (The plugin tricked the system into thinking that it was the latest FW). It would be great if that Open CMA app took part into something like this.
either someone configures a script for a proxy, or sony forgets to patch the opecma trick this time around..
Advertising
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
Jenoside

Post by Jenoside »

I'm sure someone would figure it out in eventually. i just hope if we ever have a native Vita cfw, its not detected like the ps3's
ikithme

Post by ikithme »

I don't think it will happen, Sony already had one similar device to learn from (PS3).

IMO, its going to be update and lose eCFW or don't update and lose online play and maybe even PSN entirely in the future.
I'm in your forum, crushing your dreams.

Can someone please explain why you are reading this.
FBJ

Post by FBJ »

The surest solution to this dilemma is a second console.
Vita WIFI 32 GB 3.00 (Limited Edition Pearl White) · Vita WIFI 32 GB 2.02 UNO TN-V (Black) · PSP 1000, 2000, 3000 (5.00 M33-6) · PS3 60GB (Emotion) < OFW 3.40 · PS3 250 GB Slim < OFW 3.40
JVC

Post by JVC »

FBJ wrote:The surest solution to this dilemma is a second console.
If you have money,until then just either stay outdated for a better proxy method,update or get another one.
21,EC,nuff said.

Return to “Programming and Security”