Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

tmann
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by tmann » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:47 am

there were indeed leaks with the ninja release but that doesn't mean it was a total failure. A handful of people were able to obtain the exploit and that was what a ninja release is all about
Advertising
Ps Vita 2.02 ofw

SuperPaper
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:09 am

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by SuperPaper » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am

Been nearly 24 hours since the exploit game name was released publicly and Sony still hasn't pulled it from the US store so I don't see the problem. The ninja release to my understanding was just to give scene regulars/members of Wololo enough of a heads up to beat Sony to the punch. In that respect it has clearly succeeded. No system will ever stop leaks short of not sharing an exploit at all, this method seems to at least staunch the leakage long enough to let even the laziest of people nab a game. I know because I am one of those people.
Advertising

willdunz
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by willdunz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 am

I kept seeing another game mentioned elsewhere before the public announcement and many people bought that game.

User avatar
TelcoLou
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Directly Above Middle Earth

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by TelcoLou » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 am

willdunz wrote:I kept seeing another game mentioned elsewhere before the public announcement and many people bought that game.
"Many", huh?

I don't believe you ;)
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!

User avatar
Corey96
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by Corey96 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

ikithme wrote:I can't tell if you are complaining about the current system or if you are praising it...

If you are complaining:
Please give the staff ideas on how to improve it instead of just complaining without a way to fix it.

If you are praising it:
Okay, we know everything went as planned. So I'm confused.
I was praising it. :lol:
My Devices
Why do you care that I have a...
PSP 3000 4g that I bricked,
An iPod Touch 4g running a 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak,
A PS Vita on 2.02 OFW running TN-C for... UNO!
And a Fat PS3 running 4.30 Rogero?
Image

dirtabd
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:18 am

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by dirtabd » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 am

Hey WO LoLo if you were to go super top secret CIA ninja release, you could release the game names and the actual eCFW ect. links through ninja releases for all the registered users, that way Sony doesnt get wind of the game name or the eCFW files until everyone has got a chance to get at the ninja, plus if all the other websites that use your info went to all ninja releases in some way, then we could have plenty of time to spread the exploit game names and the eCFW files before Big Brother Sony even figures out what the exploit game is! I think if we all put our heads together we could come up with a much more efficient and leak proof way to release the next game exploits. What about a referral only release in the future so no Sony guys register on your site. If you would like some outside the box ideas, feel free to contact me I would be willing to help in the discussion of future releases. If not no worries, do what you do best yo...

Dirt

Khanduras
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by Khanduras » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:04 am

dirtabd wrote:Hey WO LoLo if you were to go super top secret CIA ninja release, you could release the game names and the actual eCFW ect. links through ninja releases for all the registered users, that way Sony doesnt get wind of the game name or the eCFW files until everyone has got a chance to get at the ninja, plus if all the other websites that use your info went to all ninja releases in some way, then we could have plenty of time to spread the exploit game names and the eCFW files before Big Brother Sony even figures out what the exploit game is! I think if we all put our heads together we could come up with a much more efficient and leak proof way to release the next game exploits. What about a referral only release in the future so no Sony guys register on your site.
Even though it's possible, I highly doubt anyone from Sony has registered on the site. Even if one did, the leak didn't happen because Sony found out about it. The leak happened because a member of the community went and plastered it all over Sony's official PS Vita forums, which in turn is how Sony found out about it, if they even took the information seriously.

The game still appears to be unaffected as of now, so at least that's a bit of better-than-average news. Maybe they'll just let this one stay as it is (even though I highly doubt it. A girl can hope, can't she?). But honestly, the only way to make a release leak free is to not share information about it at all. Someone, somewhere will always end up ruining it for everyone else, unfortunately. I guess it could have been a heck of a lot worse, though. :p

osiris273
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 am

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by osiris273 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am

i was lucky enough to get the ninja release but i never heard of it getting leaked before it was announced to the public. Who leaked out the 2.02 ninja game exploit?

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3614
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by wololo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:45 am

Khanduras wrote: Someone, somewhere will always end up ruining it for everyone else, unfortunately. I guess it could have been a heck of a lot worse, though. :p
Exactly.
We have about 20'000 active members on this forum. 99.9% of us know how to keep a secret which is awesome, but that's still not enough :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

O-bake
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: About the idea of having Ninja Release for eCFW

Post by O-bake » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

This time went much better than the previous releases with all the drama and fast respond from Sony, in my opinion.

Anyways, I really would like to know how many copies of Uno (as well as of the previous exploit games) were downloaded to estimate the theoretical maximum of Vitas with eCFW capability.

Post Reply

Return to “Homebrews”