Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
#219723 by Dutt
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 am
mario6714 wrote:
mario6714 wrote:anyone has the files, sd, rel, pree the ofw 1.81 at some ftp? someone to share?

you can download all files from the link in the first post.

is about this:

If you are done with unzipping and moving into the folders, upload them to your own server. You need an own server, its not possible without one. And the files has to be uploaded as .PUP files, not .ZIP files.
Ummm it sounds like your telling me how to do it.. lol... Your the one who asked for the files and I told you where to get them.

read please xD the files is in zip i need the files upload in ftp or direct download in format .pup but thx for respond i already solved the problem

If you are only Upgrading to a Firmware use my method and you can use the PUP file from your Hard Drive..
#219724 by The Z
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 am
Pre and SD are just necessary for a FULL RESTORE via recovery menu.
#219766 by wartaf
Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:38 am
The Z wrote:Pre and SD are just necessary for a FULL RESTORE via recovery menu.

that means, i don't need to download it unless something wrong was happened?
#219782 by The Z
Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:51 am
wartaf wrote:
The Z wrote:Pre and SD are just necessary for a FULL RESTORE via recovery menu.

that means, i don't need to download it unless something wrong was happened?

If the "just update" isnt working, use the full restore for updating the vita.
#224568 by Blacksn0w
Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:32 pm
This is out of the topic question but since The_Z did respond to this thread, i just want to ask him if you (The_Z) is related to Zibri (if i remember it right). The one who developed the zIphone program jailbreaking in Iphone OS 1 or 2 way back 2007/2008. That's when i actually got interested in how "scenes" works. Just really wondering since my first day here. BTW, thanks for all the great work you've done and for everyone else who participated here!
#224572 by The Z
Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm
Its The Z.

And no, i have never developed anything in the iOS scene, but i think the iOS scene is pretty interesting. I also own a jailbroken iPhone.
#226301 by Drmtesta
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm
So I followed all the steps and when I click on update from PC it finds the 1.81 updates, downloads and reboots but it is still at 1.6. I tried the restore method and go an error c3-12027-2. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

One thing is I don't have my own server, but I used my dropbox public folder to host the update files. That is the location I put in the XML file. If that is the problem, can I load the update from my hard drive by assigning the path?
Thanks!!