Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Physical copies or Digital downloads?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
laflex

Re: Physical copies or Digital downloads?

Post by laflex »

If we're voting, i totally prefer digital copies!

The GO got me hooked on this idea.

Remember how awful the UMDs were? having digital copies proved to me that they are just as valuable as physical ones (and faster too!). It just sucks when the loading screens had cool animations or worse, mini games!

While i do agree the memstick for the vita is way overpriced, digital media to me is every bit as satisfying as a real thing. Plus i can buy games in the middle of the night when all the stores are closed!

I'll be definitely looking into openCMA since i probably wont be buying too many more physical cartridges!
Advertising
laflex

Post by laflex »

V3ldrin wrote:I'm thinking about getting a PS+ membership but I'm still trying to figure out if it is really worth it.

I just forked out the 17 bucks for 3 months, you get a great head-start on building that library (Uncharted alone ($35 bucks) is free if you are a ps+ member), plus the super savings on Music Unlimited (12 bucks for the WHOLE YEAR!)

Totally satisfied me even if i don't get any more freebies in the next three months!
Advertising
bluepeaster

Post by bluepeaster »

Buy a physical copy if you do not have a 32GB memory card. If you do have the 32GB memory card, buy the digital copy; it save you a lot of time having to take out a game and putting another game in.
james194zt

Post by james194zt »

I vote physical, as $ony are swinging the ban hammer around at the moment and unlike Microsoft are also killing your PSN account not just the console you would lose all of your digital content as well!!

Good luck getting anywhere with Sony support if they do ban your PSN account, I usually have a better conversation with the brick wall in front of me than calling Sony!

First rule of digital based eCommerce, you need to trust the company you are buying the content from, can any of you really say hand on heart you trust $ony not to screw you over?
PS Vita 3.60 with Taihen
PSP 1001 - 6.60 Pro CFW - died may it RIP
PS3 Slim CECH2001 - Rebug 4.81 and E3 flasher installed
Xbox 360 Trinity Slim - Xecuter Coolrunner 2 + Matrix Trident tri nand
Se7EN

Post by Se7EN »

i vote digital since im gunna have a 32gb in about an hour.... headed to gamestop to get my 32 soon....
looneeii

Post by looneeii »

Personally I love DDs because I have a 32GB card and can swap in and out of games easily. I do find that they should've released a 64GB card as I'm almost full with the titles I own.
Afroman

Post by Afroman »

Physical for me! I have the assurance that my game won't be lost in the event that PSN gets shut down or if my account gets banned. Also, I love collecting the boxes/packaging from physical games I buy. Granted, if it's cheaper, then I will go for the digital version!
Esoth

Post by Esoth »

I prefer physical copies for sure. That way, you can sell the game if you don't like it or after you finish it.
GotBacon

Post by GotBacon »

I think I go with Psysical copies, less space taken from memory and more space for anything I want... music, videos, I don't know. I guess the only digital games I'll get are obviously the PSP ones and Playstation Plus freebies.
PS Vita TN 2.02 UNO.
Smileyboy

Post by Smileyboy »

chaves2 wrote:Physical, specially because all the digital content we buy is not actually ours....
I agree. Plus I can sell them afterwards.

Return to “Games”