Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The "how to NOT miss the next exploited game" thread

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
tray

Re: The "how to NOT miss the next exploited game" thread

Post by tray »

tray wrote:Well if you get the xploitable version, why not stay offline on both ps3 and vita untill you installed the hack, or you need to activate the game on the vita Online?

LE: i got the OFW uptate thing, but why not download the 2.02 FW now and update the vita manually later, will it work?
Very interesting to find out about how are you waiting for the exploit, but does anyone actually knows the answer to this?
Advertising
scousetomo

Post by scousetomo »

zille wrote:I updated my PS Vita for PSN plus so waiting for my next ninja release. Excited.
Same here bro i found a free month on facebook may as well enjoy it
Advertising
quetz

Post by quetz »

go plus and grab the games as fast as you can before the game name comes comes out, with the possibility to sony to apply a fw update. so now you can get the ps+ games and later the exploit to run all the ps e psp games you want! i'm sure that something to play ps+ games for vita after expiration will come out soon
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

tray wrote:
tray wrote:Well if you get the xploitable version, why not stay offline on both ps3 and vita untill you installed the hack, or you need to activate the game on the vita Online?

LE: i got the OFW uptate thing, but why not download the 2.02 FW now and update the vita manually later, will it work?
Very interesting to find out about how are you waiting for the exploit, but does anyone actually knows the answer to this?
Not entirely sure what you mean by getting the "exploited version" do you mean the exploited game? There is no version thats not exploitable. The game will keep it's vulnerabilities because Sony does not patch the game, they release a firmware update that prevents the eCFW from running from the game.

Second part, you have to be online to download the game only. You can play it offline no worries at all but after Sony pulls the game from PSN, they make it a tad difficult to transfer from a PS3. But still possible via a nifty trick someone discovered using OpenCMA on a PC.

The third part i think you are asking if you can just download 2.02 firmware now and install it later. I dont think you can do that, only way to update your Vita is via prompts or by the system menu.
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
tray

Post by tray »

I was asking if it is possible to download the game to my ps3 and then transfer it to the vita, even after it has been pulled off from PSN.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

If you hadn't transferred to the Vita yet, no, since the activation files would not be created.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

EDIT: Argh my iphone is playing tricks on me... DELETED
Last edited by VitaGenic on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
Arizato

Post by Arizato »

Hello!

New guy here, got a Vita for christmas and looking forward to this exploit. I have to ask since I haven't got an answer to my question after tons of searching though:

Does this exploit carry any risks? Is there any risk it may brick my Vita? To my understanding this is just a save file that opens the TN-menu and that shouldn't have any access to the flash memory, right?
Mozzo

Post by Mozzo »

@Arizato: Yes, correct. It`s “just” an exploit * inside the psp emu of the Vita. It won’t damage anything. There is no case of a bricked Vita because of this.

* There are two exploits: One usermode-exploit (savegame-exploit) which activates/has access to the kernel expolit inside that emulator.
datrip

Post by datrip »

scousetomo wrote:
zille wrote:I updated my PS Vita for PSN plus so waiting for my next ninja release. Excited.
Same here bro i found a free month on facebook may as well enjoy it
Can u post a link or pm me where u found it?
• GTX 550Ti Gaming PC
• Samsung Galaxy S II MIUI
• PS Vita 2.0.2 UNO TN-V

Return to “General”