Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
arnold

Re: PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Post by arnold »

Bugz does not run on LuaPlayer.

-arnold
Advertising
Salmon

Post by Salmon »

arnold wrote:Try Bugz by InsertWittyName. If that loads after being signed... then it shouldn't be the problem I posted.

-arnold
Bugz exits to the XMB with the following error being displayed: "The game could not be started. (80020148)"
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

hamedia wrote:I thought of putting a compatibility list of tested homebrews myself
If you're going to test, do it with some logic. Do not test homebrews that require kernel mode, they will obviously not work ;)
Wololo wrote:I am myself quite confused about how the relocation can claim to be relative to an offset, when it's actually absolute...
IIRC GP is calculated relative to the data section generated for the ELF, thus it cannot be used as absolute because you cannot know what value it will have before relocation and before the data section is placed on memory. The fact is that some relocators replace GP-relative instructions by absolute pointers on relocation time, while others do not. I don't have any knowledge on how the PSP does it though.

@Mathieulh: I'll do some research about that static ELF if I find some time (and will).

NOTE (AGAIN): remember this is PROGRAMMING forum. Posts not conforming with the topic will be erased, and from now on their authors will be warned as well.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
bbtgp

Post by bbtgp »

Heres my crappy attempt at loading a static elf http://www.bbtgp.net/downloads/StaticLoader.7z

I basically use the hbl method here.

Step one: extract the stubs from the static elf and compile them in with the loader prx.
Step two: embed the static elf into the loader.
Step three: sign and run.

The loader copies the elf to its proffered address and fixes its stubs with the loaders stubs that where linked by the kernel. Then jumps into it.

Tested with nesterj (included) on psp 3000 6.35. I thought about doing this dynamically in the encrypter but it wasn't worth the time.

Edit: forgot to set the gp... Edit2: fixed. Edit3: Fixed a critical bug.
Last edited by bbtgp on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Just FYI HBL already has source code for ELF loading, both static and PRX.
bbtgp

Post by bbtgp »

I know, i just didn't want to be subject to the virus that is GPL.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Fine with me, but abstain of such trolling comments. I don't want any holy wars starting around here. Let's stick to the topic.
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Here is some crappy code that patches the type 7 relocations in a PRX to type 0. Source and Windows binary included. This does indeed fix the booting problem for the homebrews I tried.

Edit: Made it less crappy by removing the dependency on the VS runtime and making sure the file is a PRX before patching.
Attachments
fix-relocations.zip
(34.53 KiB) Downloaded 3255 times
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

JJS wrote:Here is some crappy code that patches the type 7 relocations in a PRX to type 0. Source and Windows binary included. This does indeed fix the booting problem for the homebrews I tried.
Thanks, I was going to work on that just now :P
Now I think what we need is a tool that regroups all of these: prx + static elf loader + prx reloc 7 fixing...

(edit: I confirm that Wagic now runs fine on 5.00 OFW, will test on 6.35 and take a video :mrgreen: )
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Instead of a static ELF loader, why not including dummy relocations that actually do nothing? That is, convert a static ELF to a PRX with no actual relocations.

Return to “Programming and Security”