Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
patheticpuma

New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by patheticpuma »

Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

I got this Vita as a gift the other day and so far I love it. Read up a bit on eCFW, and went looking and found all my old files. My question is (as long as I don't miss out on the exploit), Is there any major programming differences to keep me from being able to test and continue this development on the eCFW? Or would I have to start over?
Advertising
dimy93
HBL Tester

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by dimy93 »

If you haven't developed it for 1.50 Fat PSPs (What's now called 1.50 kernel) you should be able to start where you left off ;)
The only difference should be the lack of USB port which should not be a problem for you
Advertising
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

patheticpuma wrote:Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

I got this Vita as a gift the other day and so far I love it. Read up a bit on eCFW, and went looking and found all my old files. My question is (as long as I don't miss out on the exploit), Is there any major programming differences to keep me from being able to test and continue this development on the eCFW? Or would I have to start over?
Also the vita doesnt have media engine, that some homebrew use ...
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don
dimy93
HBL Tester

Post by dimy93 »

rafael707 wrote:
patheticpuma wrote:Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

Also the vita doesnt have media engine, that some homebrew use ...
good point ;)
patheticpuma

Post by patheticpuma »

I was developing it on the 2.00 kernel, so it would work on slims as well. The absence of the media engine isn't a problem. This is good news.

Would I be able to rescale all my menus to the vita's higher screen resolution and it work properly? Or would it only display it at the 480x272(if i remember correctly) PSP resolution. Because if it will run at the Vita native resolution, I will put the time in just for the "pretty factor."
thedicemaster

Post by thedicemaster »

homebrew can't do anything more on the vita than on a psp.
this means 480x272 resolution, processing power equivalent to that of a 333mhz mips cpu, 32MB ram etc.

there are minor graphic enhancements and touch&2nd analog can be used, but they are all handled by the psp emulator so you have no control over how those are used.
patheticpuma

Post by patheticpuma »

thedicemaster wrote:homebrew can't do anything more on the vita than on a psp.
this means 480x272 resolution, processing power equivalent to that of a 333mhz mips cpu, 32MB ram etc.

there are minor graphic enhancements and touch&2nd analog can be used, but they are all handled by the psp emulator so you have no control over how those are used.
I assumed as much but doesnt hurt to hope. Thanks much.

Return to “TN CEF”