Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Post Reply
patheticpuma
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 am

New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by patheticpuma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

I got this Vita as a gift the other day and so far I love it. Read up a bit on eCFW, and went looking and found all my old files. My question is (as long as I don't miss out on the exploit), Is there any major programming differences to keep me from being able to test and continue this development on the eCFW? Or would I have to start over?
Advertising

dimy93
HBL Tester
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by dimy93 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

If you haven't developed it for 1.50 Fat PSPs (What's now called 1.50 kernel) you should be able to start where you left off ;)
The only difference should be the lack of USB port which should not be a problem for you
Advertising

User avatar
rafael707
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: VITA/PS4 section

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by rafael707 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:40 pm

patheticpuma wrote:Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

I got this Vita as a gift the other day and so far I love it. Read up a bit on eCFW, and went looking and found all my old files. My question is (as long as I don't miss out on the exploit), Is there any major programming differences to keep me from being able to test and continue this development on the eCFW? Or would I have to start over?
Also the vita doesnt have media engine, that some homebrew use ...
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

dimy93
HBL Tester
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by dimy93 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:18 pm

rafael707 wrote:
patheticpuma wrote:Hello, I am new to the vita scene, but was very much into the PSP homebrew. I had begun working on several little homebrew apps, but primarily a master emulator to play all roms from Atari 2600 to N64. I had just started to make a fair amount of progress when my PSP was stolen, and life just kept me from replacing it to continue my work.

I got this Vita as a gift the other day and so far I love it. Read up a bit on eCFW, and went looking and found all my old files. My question is (as long as I don't miss out on the exploit), Is there any major programming differences to keep me from being able to test and continue this development on the eCFW? Or would I have to start over?
Also the vita doesnt have media engine, that some homebrew use ...
good point ;)

patheticpuma
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 am

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by patheticpuma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 pm

I was developing it on the 2.00 kernel, so it would work on slims as well. The absence of the media engine isn't a problem. This is good news.

Would I be able to rescale all my menus to the vita's higher screen resolution and it work properly? Or would it only display it at the 480x272(if i remember correctly) PSP resolution. Because if it will run at the Vita native resolution, I will put the time in just for the "pretty factor."

thedicemaster
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by thedicemaster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 pm

homebrew can't do anything more on the vita than on a psp.
this means 480x272 resolution, processing power equivalent to that of a 333mhz mips cpu, 32MB ram etc.

there are minor graphic enhancements and touch&2nd analog can be used, but they are all handled by the psp emulator so you have no control over how those are used.

patheticpuma
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 am

Re: New to Vita and eCFW - Development question.

Post by patheticpuma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 pm

thedicemaster wrote:homebrew can't do anything more on the vita than on a psp.
this means 480x272 resolution, processing power equivalent to that of a 333mhz mips cpu, 32MB ram etc.

there are minor graphic enhancements and touch&2nd analog can be used, but they are all handled by the psp emulator so you have no control over how those are used.
I assumed as much but doesnt hurt to hope. Thanks much.

Post Reply

Return to “TN CEF”