Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
#158363 by Seaking
Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:38 am
NintendoWiiU wrote:Just wrote a complaint to FTC, said that you wrote one to them as well, gave them a link to the forum.

Why would you send them a link to this forum? That serves no purpose whatsoever.

I think AT&T and Sony signed a contract stating that Sony will not Ever allow Vitas in the US to use another service. They'll just keep lying. "I don't know why. It is locked forever." That's all you'll get out of them.
Advertising
#158364 by Trollkilla
Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:51 am
Donate a ps vita to geohotz , he'll unlock for you.seriously .
Advertising
#158366 by jc_gargma
Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:15 am
Trollkilla wrote:Donate a ps vita to geohotz , he'll unlock for you.seriously .
rofl, then he'll need to "unlock" himself out of jail for breaking his settlement.
#158433 by cliobrando
Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:01 pm
jc_gargma wrote:
rofl, then he'll need to "unlock" himself out of jail for breaking his settlement.

He'll need a "jailbreak" literally
#158451 by NintendoWiiU
Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm
cliobrando wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:

Nice, now, I know this is for iPhones, but have you tried visiting www.unlockit.co.nz/? Use it from your PS Vita browser, set your operator!
#158757 by Acquire86
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:10 pm
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum but I been reading it for a while.

I'm in the same situation, I have a US lock PS Vita 3G living in Spain.
Although it seems something is different in mine, I'm able to change the carrier on my Vita but can't change the APN settings manually.

Hopefully, someone is able to find a way to unlock the Vita.
#213504 by wolframio
Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:14 am
cliobrando wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:

lol... well last time that geohot appears on tv he say "i sign a paper sayi that i never would touch any sony device again!"
#214435 by synapze
Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 am
cliobrando wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:

rofl you guys just made me pee myself a lil 0_o
#214590 by tigahawk
Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:54 am
How hard is it to pull the Vita apart to put in the 3G hardware?

I am an Aussie and i have an old Virgin USB dongle. My phone has a data plan with Internode (they piggyback off Optus)

I am quite keen to crack open my Wifi Vita & the Dongle to give it a go. But im kinda scared shitless i will break something. I had a USB stick snap on me once (just the connector end) and since i've been playing with PC hardware (just building pc's nothing too technical...) i figured it would be easy as to solder back on. It was.... but my hands are kinda shakey with delecate stuff, and the end of the solder touched a little black chip, which promptly went fizzle.....

so im worried about playing with small stuff for fear of breaking it.... but if there's no soldering etc required and its relatively easy to pull apart i'd be willing to give it a go.

***Edit**** Just went to pull the dongle apart as its got no further use to me... and its got a phat sim slot :( eech! would it work with one of those sim converter slot things thats just got the middle cut out and you put the small one inside it?

****Edit Edit*** opend her up and the entire thing is a USB stick, theres no seperate bit for the 3g only. i think i'll shut up and let the people that know what they're doing keep doing what they're doing :P
Last edited by tigahawk on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.