Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

A Monster Hunter Thought

Discuss official PS Vita games here
starfall05

A Monster Hunter Thought

Post by starfall05 »

I was just thinking, I recently saw a news of Dark Souls 2 petition and signature campaign, etc.....

And it came to me that WHY WAS THIS NOT BEING DONE FOR MONSTER HUNTER (ENG.) FOR PS3 OR PS VITA??
We have heard lot of voices wanting MONSTER HUNTER to be released in ps vita especially since we have loved it on PSP. I sure believe a lot of "western" persons would agree. Even in this forums there will be a lot who wants this game on their vita. Heck, every forum, blogs, site I have seen a monster hunter news would have comments like "Wish they would release on vita". But why does a petition for MONSTER HUNTER games doesn't rise??

I have not yet seen a big-time petition for monster hunter, how about we start one here and show those guys at CAPCOM what really the gamer wants. hehe..

Sorry for ranting much, just my two cents. (..more of a dream really.) :)
Advertising
D_O_A

Re: A Monster Hunter Thought

Post by D_O_A »

Nintendo have the series locked down. Sony lost the plot and didn't cough up the dough to keep it. That's my guess anyway, i did read somewhere the lead dev saying they are sticking with nintendo for the forseeable future.

I make those assumptions because of the portable 3rd hd demo they showed at E3 a year or two ago, with the dev saying it was incredibly easy to port to the vita. Seems Sony didn't want to foot the bill. The vita would have been far more successful in Japan had they released with a MH game imo.
Such a dang shame. (still can't wait for monster hunter ultimate though)

heres the quotes
“The way that we work with Monster Hunter games is that we see them as single entities,” Monster Hunter creator Ryozo Tsujimoto told IGN at the Tokyo Video Games Show, ”so we don’t develop for one platform and then think about porting it to another platform. The situation with the 3DS and the Wii U is that we wanted people to play this game a lot, so that’s why we have taken this [multi-platform] approach with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. But it doesn’t mean we’ll do that with new entries.

“The series did start out on Sony platforms, but it’s just realistic to think that it can’t continue on one platform forever,” Tsujimoto continued. “With Monster Hunter 4, it actually just came down to timing – we were developing a new Monster Hunter and the 3DS hardware had just come out, so we figured it was probably the best platform for us to develop it on. You have two screens, with action on top and menus on the bottom, and there’s the 3D view as well. It just made sense to put it onto 3DS.”
Advertising
Last edited by D_O_A on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

TBH I would rather start a petition for Megaman Legends 3 to be finished and released for the Vita
but if you start one for MH I'll sign ^__^
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

Nintendo must have the fatter cheque book ;)

...... I type that as i'm shutting down my 3DS for the night :$
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
starfall05

Post by starfall05 »

Alas! So it seems. Thanks for the info. Anyways, we can still hope for Monster hunter 5. lolz

I don't have 3ds but probably going to invest with WiiU. Right now, I still believe PS vita is a great console that's why I'm really crossing my fingers for a monster hunter title.
I recently played Ragnarok odyssey but it lacks a lot of depth compared with MH.

Even a port of MH:Portable 3rd will do. With Near-sharing function, dual-sticks, and touchscreen, it will be a lot heck fun and enjoyable.

I don't know how to officially start a petition lolz..
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I would not suggest you get a Wii U
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
GonnaGetPSVita

Post by GonnaGetPSVita »

especially the fact about Wii U avatar super suck -_-
- PSVita 3G / 32GB
- PSVita Wifi / 64GB
- Wacom Cintiq 13HD
- AKG K701
D_O_A

Post by D_O_A »

Eh the wii u is fine. Looking forward to the save sharing/MP between the wii u and 3ds versions of MHU. Besides, rayman legends is amazing. Zombi u isn't terrible either (it's name is)
nouchi

Post by nouchi »

+1 Monster Hunter on PSV! And with all the social play apps on it, I don't understand why Capcom or sony don't release it quickly!
UdavidT

Post by UdavidT »

Monster Hunter would of been perfect for upping sales in the PS Vita no idea why Sony didn't cough up the money.

Owell, guess we will just have to look forward to MH clones on the Vita in the future.

Return to “Games”