Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP 3000 or PSP Go? And CFW clarification

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
PsiAdster

PSP 3000 or PSP Go? And CFW clarification

Post by PsiAdster »

Hey, I am currently interested in upgrading from my PSP 1000 as I'd like a better display to play PS1 (and PSP) games on. I assume the PSP 3000 and PSP Go's screens are similar in terms of quality, only difference being the Go has a higher PPI due to the slightly smaller screen. For this, I am favouring the Go.
I intend on only using ISOs (and eboots) on it. These will all be (or already have been) ripped by me, whether PS1 or PSP game. I'd like to know if this will work as well as it does already on my PSP 1000, which I have had no major problems with as far as I can remember. The 1000 is on 6.60 PRO-B9, so I am familiar with flashing CFW on a PSP.

I have done some reading over the past couple of days and have gathered that I am able to install a CFW on either of these, even if I am on the newest OFW (6.60) but it will be temporary and reverts to OFW after a cold boot. I'd like to be able to access the Playstation Store (so I am able to purchase games) whilst on a CFW, is this possible?

So, yeah.. I'm mainly only after some clarification. Not looking for guides and I'm not asking what I need to do. I believe that I have found the correct resources to follow, just would like to be 100% sure I can do what I'd like to do as well as I am able to do it now. I do not own one of these PSPs yet obviously, so we should just assume that It will be on the latest OFW.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNE70PFB2To) is what I shall use to install the CFW. Posted on DashHacks a few days ago.

Any info on what I need or should do before/after installing the CFW would be appreciated. I'll post this over on DashHacks too in hope that I get faster/more replies. I'd like to buy the new one as soon as possible.

Many thanks.
Advertising
zero7starz

Re: PSP 3000 or PSP Go? And CFW clarification

Post by zero7starz »

As far as which is easier with CFW, check out this link http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacking- ... re.268289/ it helped me pick out my PSP.

Eventually I got the GO. I really liked how much memory it had, 16GB on board, plus expandable memory card slot (up to 32GB.) If you're main thought it to load it up with ISOs, it really is the ultimate PSP.

My only complaint is that the joystick position is sometimes a pain.
Advertising
QuotePVD

Post by QuotePVD »

I suggest either, they're both good. (I have both, on 6.60 PRO-C) a friend was all over Legend of Dragoon so she's been using my PSP 3k and I bought a PSP Go ($100, couldn't pass that up) so just updated, flashed, and just loaded everything into like usual. Now I highly favor my Go more than my 3K simply because of the screen, control positioning, and how much more portable it is. (Bluetooth is also a big plus since I have bluetooth headphones.) Everything works great on both, so it's really up to preference.
tonyflakes

Post by tonyflakes »

PSP Go if you plan to take it outside, just because the size. PSP 3000 if you will play inside your house most of the time.
PsiAdster

Post by PsiAdster »

Thanks.

I'm assuming ISO and PSX eboot functionality is exactly the same on the custom firmwares you mentioned (on the Go) as it is on my 1000? I ask because I have read before that with the Go, there have been hacks (most probably very early ones) where the Go doesn't have complete functionality on custom firmwares as the previous PSPs had. I couldn't find an answer for this but didn't want to assume before buying one.

My initial guess is that it's fine as no one has pointed it out that I may have trouble running them.
jlo138

Post by jlo138 »

My friend had a 3000 an I had a Go. We were both running tn hen on 6.20. As far as backups etc went, we found the 3000 had less compatibility with the same cfw. M2 sticks for the Go are a bit pricier as well and the battery is not as good. You can play being plugged in but the Go has an awkward plug placed in the bottom center of the unit and is annoying to play while plugged in. Bare in mind there are adapters for micro sd card to the Duo so you can get upwards of 64gb or more from what I have read. The analog joy is also a bit small in the Go model. Another thing is since the Go has internal memory, you have two drives to open up and transfer games to vs having one large memory stick. A little space left on both could equal another game if it was one stick. Hope this helps.
stevealexanderames

Post by stevealexanderames »

PsiAdster wrote:Thanks.

I'm assuming ISO and PSX eboot functionality is exactly the same on the custom firmwares you mentioned (on the Go) as it is on my 1000? I ask because I have read before that with the Go, there have been hacks (most probably very early ones) where the Go doesn't have complete functionality on custom firmwares as the previous PSPs had. I couldn't find an answer for this but didn't want to assume before buying one.

My initial guess is that it's fine as no one has pointed it out that I may have trouble running them.
actually on a Go you might have some issues with ps1 backups because of the popsloader, the Go doesn't support every pops version and with some pops audio wont' work unless you use earphones :? the same on newer 3000 models (4g and on)
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

stevealexanderames wrote:
PsiAdster wrote:Thanks.

actually on a Go you might have some issues with ps1 backups because of the popsloader, the Go doesn't support every pops version and with some pops audio wont' work unless you use earphones :? the same on newer 3000 models (4g and on)
The Popsloader is working better at my PSP Go than it is working at several PSP 3000 (03g, 04g, 07g, 09g) devices or my PSP E1000.
The PSP Go has the best popsloader support, after the PSP 1000 and 2000.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
stevealexanderames

Post by stevealexanderames »

The Z wrote:The Popsloader is working better at my PSP Go than it is working at several PSP 3000 (03g, 04g, 07g, 09g) devices or my PSP E1000.
The PSP Go has the best popsloader support, after the PSP 1000 and 2000.
i was just quoting this viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7410 :lol: i don't have a Go model but i assume kakarotto at least did a test before writing
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
dunuck

Post by dunuck »

I gotta second the motion that the PSP Go is indeed an amazing handheld, is the ultimate portable console now that is hacked. I cant believe i ignored it before, just got one a month ago and love everything about it
The screen feels of higher quality than that of previous PSPs (included PSP 3000), the plastic of the screen is of much higher quality it looks just like gorilla glass/crystal (if its no already???), not only it has higher pixel density than PSP 3000 but also seem to have have fixed the ghosting issue that supposedly plagued the 3000.

The build quality, materials, buttons and weigh feel is top notch, it really feels like a premium device, unlike the 3000 which feels cheap by comparison (still a great though as i have one)
The design is fantastic i really love, i have small to medium hands so its fits perfectly with me, the size/design is just perfect for a carry everywhere portable on a pouch type of thing

Not to mention the godly 16GB of internal memory which is incredible fast, which you can couple with a M2 16GB stick for a total of 32GB

I truly is the ultimate portable console, i have all my PSP games, PS1 gems, my whole GBA collection, some GBC games, SNES games and Cave Story!

Im am running FW 6.60 using Pro CFW C
Using fast recovery after a full shutdown is a NO issue, it merely takes 2 seconds to go back into CFW, and i rarely even turn my PSP off is mostly on sleep mode unless its crashes whenever im messing and fiddling with SNES emulator

Its true that POPs support is limited on the Go (so im finding out too) but most PS1 games work perfectly out of teh box running Pro CFW C fw 6.60, even conflicting games like Metal Gear Solid and Chrono Cross had no issues running on my PSP Go, ran perfectly as a matter of fact.

Pro Tip: Ignore outdated YouTube tutorials
Here follow this one from the site http://wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-go/ its updated with the latest CFW and is very simple and easy to follow
zero7starz wrote:As far as which is easier with CFW, check out this link http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-hacking- ... re.268289/ it helped me pick out my PSP.
My only complaint is that the joystick position is sometimes a pain.
I admit i had trouble adjusting the first time playing with my GO (being a PSP 3000 owner/player) so yeah i was used to the traditional PSP layout and my thumb was a bit confused a hit the D-Pad when i tried to use the analog nub sometimes
But after an hour of so of gaming it became like a second nature, now im totally used to it and have no problems whasoever in fact i like the PSP Go analog nub better
Last edited by dunuck on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”