Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Just got a psvita

pempoii

Just got a psvita

Post by pempoii »

hi all, i just got my psvita today, it is running OFW1.67
how do i go about running homebrew on it?
specifically i would like to play gameboy color and snes games, psp and ps1 games would be awesome too but anything else would be a bonus.
i have gone through these forums and some other forums but cant get a definitive tutorial on how to run homebrew.

thanks.
Advertising
immson

Re: Just got a psvita

Post by immson »

its a rather complicated process. since you have already made it to wololo.net/talk i am sure you will be able to figure it out.

basically what you need to do asap is update to current firmware and stay on it.

log in and check www.wololo.net/talk everyday to see the "ninja release" which will tell you what game to download.

then download that game before sony takes it off the store!

--

a few days later the hack will come out and you will see a whole bunch of confused newbies asking what to do, and just do what someone tells them to do! (the complicated part)
Advertising
pspgo ofw 6.20 w/ pro b 10 fix1 | psv ofw 1.81 w/ cef tn-b
pempoii

Post by pempoii »

thanks, i was just reading throught the tutorial to update to 1.81 (my ps all stars games got me updated to 1.80)
and was going fine until i had to upload the .pup files to a server.
just to clarify, i should update to 2.01, yes?

thanks!
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

I did not quite read this thread, but on the 24th of DEC or so you need to purchase a game ASAP. put 20 bucks into your psn account and wait. If you have an exploit stay on 1.80 or 1.81 ( depends.) If you are waiting to exploit get the money in psn and update and wait for release name. Goodluck.
Last edited by b2p1mp on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
TelcoLou

Post by TelcoLou »

I recommend updating to 2.01; you'll get the latest official Vita features from Sony, and be ready for the ninja release of eCFW.
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

If you have a PS3 you could alternatively manually update to 1.81 and the get Urbanix however youd need to make sure your psvita is activated. Its probably easier that you just update to 2.01 and wait for the new exploit that is coming soon. ;)
pempoii

Post by pempoii »

thanks guys.
i do have a ps3, but i think i will just update to 2.01 and wait for the ninja release haha.

thanks again for the help
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

Jd8531 wrote:If you have a PS3 you could alternatively manually update to 1.81 and the get Urbanix however youd need to make sure your psvita is activated. Its probably easier that you just update to 2.01 and wait for the new exploit that is coming soon. ;)
To use this method do you need a ps3 on current firmware(who wants that)? btw keep psn credits ready for 2.01 later this month.
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
Dante69

Post by Dante69 »

Welcome to the PSVita club! Updating to 2.01 nets you a very awesome updated Youtube app and better browser. Plus the ability to watch Netflix for awhile till they make another fw update.
rafael707

Post by rafael707 »

pempoii wrote:hi all, i just got my psvita today, it is running OFW1.67
how do i go about running homebrew on it?
specifically i would like to play gameboy color and snes games, psp and ps1 games would be awesome too but anything else would be a bonus.
i have gone through these forums and some other forums but cant get a definitive tutorial on how to run homebrew.

thanks.
welcome, i suggest getting $20 USD on your PSN account, that will be for the game you have to purchase to run eCFW. The game name should be released this month, stay updated daily ;)
Add me, I got a ps4 ;)

IRC
#pspcommunity
#vitadev

PS4/PS VITA IGN: raff_da_don

Return to “Homebrews”