Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help CIPL flashing my PSP 1000

Unleash the full power of your PSP with a Custom Firmware.
Download and installation tutorial at http://wololo.net/wagic/cfw4dummies
taqeelaSunrise

Help CIPL flashing my PSP 1000

Post by taqeelaSunrise »

Hi there... I'm new to this forum. After countless visits, I decided to create an account as I was surprised and happy to see an active PSP modding community.

[Back Story]
I was hoping someone here could help. Been having this problem for a while. I stopped using my PSP after the DOWN button jammed on me. There was also an issue of the HOME button no working. Instead it got remapped to the SCREEN and NOTE key. Anyway, I kept it aside for a few years and then decided to fire it up again. To my surprise, it was working like a charm. After a while though, the DOWN button started jamming again. I couldn't just give up. during this period however the HOME button was completely fine and working. I used to leave it for a while and then later come back to play it since by that time the DOWN button would work again.

I had a feeling it was a firmware issue. And so was the previous case of the HOME button jamming so I decided then to upgrade from 5.50 GEN D3 to 6.60ME. It went perfectly and ..tada.. the DOWN button works. No problem. I was happy with my almost new PSP with the working HOME and DOWN button. But one day, as I was playing Dissidia 012, the PSP froze and I had to hard reset. The next thing I know, I lost my CFW. I tried reinstalling 6.60 ME but it just wouldn't install. It would go through the whole install process and reboot but came back to plain old OFW. Weird. So I decided to try to 6.60 PRO-Bx(B9 or B10 I think) and though it worked, I couldn't get it to boot into CFW. In other words, I had to use Easy Recovery that bundled with it to boot into CFW. To add on to that, the HOME button was jammed again. And I was afraid to keep it on plain PRO CFW, so I then decided to get 6.60 PROMOD-C.
[Back Story]

The install went all good but I still couldn't CIPL flash it. They said that if I owned a PSP 1000, I could just run the CIPL flasher EBOOT and then it would flash my PSP IPL and I can boot into CFW directly. The CIPL flasher process does it's flashing job but doesn't really work. Just like the installation of 6.60 ME

So. As of now, I am on 6.60 PROMOD-C, the HOME button is still jammed(Used FUSA gamepad and found out that the home is infinitely being pressed though it doesn't seem to be sending any signals on output) and I use the note key to quit games. Though I would like help on this button issue, I can live with it. But what I can't live with is the CIPL not flashing and hence 6.60 ME not being an optional firmware for me. I don't get why this is happening. Could someone here please expalin and help if possible :)
Advertising
CrazyLinuxNerd

Re: Help CIPL flashing my PSP 1000

Post by CrazyLinuxNerd »

You cannot flash a new CIPL from Pro because you already have the 6.60ME CIPL installed.

Let me explain:

Your PSP has jamming buttons, and you stated your "home button" is jamming. The ME Firmware has a shortcut, where if you hold the home button when powering on your PSP, it will boot to OFW. If you boot without the home button held down it will boot to CFW.

So Power off psp fully by holding power switch during power off and boot it up again, see if it boots to CFW 6.60ME.

I think your jamming buttons is a hardware issue though, as I have repaired quite a lot of PSP's and jamming buttons is almost always a hardware issue.

Hope this helps :-).
Advertising
PSP Information
Model: PSP-1003
Date Code: 5D
Current NAND Dumps: 5.00 M33-4, 5.50 GEN-D3, 6.00 Debug, 6.39 OFW, 6.39 Pro-B8, 6.60 ME1.5, 6.60 OFW, 6.60 Pro-B9
Current Firmware: 6.60 ME-1.8
Last Brick With: 6.39 Debug
taqeelaSunrise

Post by taqeelaSunrise »

CrazyLinuxNerd wrote:You cannot flash a new CIPL from Pro because you already have the 6.60ME CIPL installed.

Let me explain:

Your PSP has jamming buttons, and you stated your "home button" is jamming. The ME Firmware has a shortcut, where if you hold the home button when powering on your PSP, it will boot to OFW. If you boot without the home button held down it will boot to CFW.

So Power off psp fully by holding power switch during power off and boot it up again, see if it boots to CFW 6.60ME.

I think your jamming buttons is a hardware issue though, as I have repaired quite a lot of PSP's and jamming buttons is almost always a hardware issue.

Hope this helps :-).
Yeah... Recently(Yesterday) reverted to 6.60 LME. That should do for the time being given that my hardware is slowly getting fried. That's when I realized that the home button being held can boot you to OFW. So I guess there's really no way of having a permanent CFW if I stick to the latest FW versions. Well, I need 6.60 ME, cuz that is the best CFW according to me. Now I at least have LME.

Thanks that was helpful. Especially the CIPL flashing part with PRO CFW. :D
If you can, could you answer why the home button works when the PSP is left alone for a few months? That kinda troubles me. Like, "You started working again. How? Why?"
CrazyLinuxNerd

Post by CrazyLinuxNerd »

Hi,

Not entirely sure why it would suddenly work after not being used. Have you ever taken the face off your PSP?

Sometimes when a PSP is put back together people don't clip the button bar back down properly (So some buttons get pressed by the case) or they damage it when taking it out, this can cause various issues with the buttons. Although even if a PSP has never been taken apart it can still go wrong albeit that is usually pure hardware failure, new button bar would fix the home button.

As for the DOWN button sticking again easy fix just replace the DPAD board.

If you have never taken it apart, did you ever accidently spill any liquid substances on it? That can cause some weird and wonderful issues :-).

You should like the ME CFW, it is a great little CFW if you have a flashable PSP. My personal favourite :-).

Anyhow, good luck with your PSP :-).
PSP Information
Model: PSP-1003
Date Code: 5D
Current NAND Dumps: 5.00 M33-4, 5.50 GEN-D3, 6.00 Debug, 6.39 OFW, 6.39 Pro-B8, 6.60 ME1.5, 6.60 OFW, 6.60 Pro-B9
Current Firmware: 6.60 ME-1.8
Last Brick With: 6.39 Debug
taqeelaSunrise

Post by taqeelaSunrise »

CrazyLinuxNerd wrote:Hi,

Not entirely sure why it would suddenly work after not being used. Have you ever taken the face off your PSP?

Sometimes when a PSP is put back together people don't clip the button bar back down properly (So some buttons get pressed by the case) or they damage it when taking it out, this can cause various issues with the buttons. Although even if a PSP has never been taken apart it can still go wrong albeit that is usually pure hardware failure, new button bar would fix the home button.

As for the DOWN button sticking again easy fix just replace the DPAD board.

If you have never taken it apart, did you ever accidently spill any liquid substances on it? That can cause some weird and wonderful issues :-).

You should like the ME CFW, it is a great little CFW if you have a flashable PSP. My personal favourite :-).

Anyhow, good luck with your PSP :-).
Well never really opened up my PSP until I came across this home button issue. And yeah.. lol wiped my DPAD with some rubbing alcohol and even completely peeled it off when I came across this button issue. But it still worked, after a quick FW switch that is. Weird stuff.

Anyhow, I love my PSP but spending on fixing these problems with a work around is not something I plan on doing.
Anyway, thanks for all the info and help. You were really helpful. :D

Return to “Custom Firmwares (HEN/CFW/LCFW)”