Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Difference between DualShock 3 & Xbox 360 controller

Underground PS3 information and discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Re: Difference between DualShock 3 & Xbox 360 controller

Post by jc_gargma »

deadpunk wrote:
jc_gargma wrote:I've never got it to work on mine. Windows' drivers for it seem to only allow it to charge.
Same for the ps3 controller, it work well on pc with the usb cable and sometimes i used pc to charge it...
but the xbox360 wireless need the usb adapter to work. Only the wired one worked :|
I meant PS3 controller that I never had work. My former Xbox360 controller was wired, and never had any issues having it connect and work.
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

jc_gargma wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
gmk120 wrote:I prefer the 360's controller because it has full support for PC.
I don't know what you mean by full support but I can perfectly use the DS3 on a PC, even wireless.
I've never got it to work on mine. Windows' drivers for it seem to only allow it to charge.
I use a program called motionjoy or something that auto installs the correct drivers and allows me to fully customise it, I can even use it as a mouse. The only thing is you have to run the program every time you want to use the controller, but it loads pretty fast so not much of a hassle.
Advertising
xprxbatmanxprx
Location: Batcave ... .. Searching ... .. Searching ... Unknown Location

Post by xprxbatmanxprx »

I have been using both since the ps1 came out with the dual shock 1 and I have to admit that the xbox 360 control is better because of the way it sits on your hand and more playable when drifting corners or sniping on cod. My vote again for xbox 360 controller
PSP-1001 - 6.60 ME-1.8 _____ BATMAN _____ PSV-1101 - 1.81 Urbanix + Mad Blocker CEF 6.60 TN-V
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

xprxbatmanxprx wrote:I have been using both since the ps1 came out with the dual shock 1 and I have to admit that the xbox 360 control is better because of the way it sits on your hand and more playable when drifting corners or sniping on cod. My vote again for xbox 360 controller
I actually disagree. I found the 360 control stick is placed too high above the handles, which would strain my hands in any sort of prolonged session. Never had this issue with he DualShock3, nor its predecessors.
(Granted, I'm a girl who finds her PSPgo comfortable, so, take this opinion with a grain of salt.)
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

jc_gargma wrote:
xprxbatmanxprx wrote:I have been using both since the ps1 came out with the dual shock 1 and I have to admit that the xbox 360 control is better because of the way it sits on your hand and more playable when drifting corners or sniping on cod. My vote again for xbox 360 controller
I actually disagree. I found the 360 control stick is placed too high above the handles, which would strain my hands in any sort of prolonged session. Never had this issue with he DualShock3, nor its predecessors.
(Granted, I'm a girl who finds her PSPgo comfortable, so, take this opinion with a grain of salt.)
I disliked the concave analog sticks, that also got you tired after awhile instead of just resting your thumbs on the DS3. I never had no issues of my thumbs slipping off either.

Return to “Programming & security”