Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

GTA3 lag on android - no lag on ps2

Discuss your favorite apps here
jrbo

GTA3 lag on android - no lag on ps2

Post by jrbo »

I have a galaxy nexus with a 1.2ghz daul core CPU when playing gta3 I've notice quite a bit of lagging, I never understood why it does this eespecially since it's running 2 threads a 1.2ghz, how does it run so smoothly on the ps2 when the ps2 is running at 300mhz it doesn't make sense the only thing I can think of is these "ports" are some how being emulated possibly within the game itself like a hiddin ps2 emulator built into the app itself, can someone explain this to me please?
Advertising
garrei

Re: GTA3 lag on android - no lag on ps2

Post by garrei »

jrbo wrote:I have a galaxy nexus with a 1.2ghz daul core CPU when playing gta3 I've notice quite a bit of lagging, I never understood why it does this eespecially since it's running 2 threads a 1.2ghz, how does it run so smoothly on the ps2 when the ps2 is running at 300mhz it doesn't make sense the only thing I can think of is these "ports" are some how being emulated possibly within the game itself like a ps2 emulator built into the app itself, can someone explain this to me please?
There is no emulation, its a port by rockstar games so its using the original source code from pc version. It doesnt just depend on the CPU for lag, a lot of the reason for the lag would be the GPU and a ps2 game can put a big dang load on a mobile GPU, If you havent noticed a lot of the textures are on much lower quality than the PS2 and PC version, I have GTA3 on my Galaxy Nexus as well, though and it runs fine for me. make sure you havent got any apps or unnecessary processes running in the background then try again. ;)
Advertising
My PC: AMD FX 8-core 4.2Ghz, 16gb RAM, GTX 580, 60gb SSD, Blu-ray Burner, WiFi, 1.5TB HDD, 1000W PSU, 27" Full HD Monitor
My PSP Slim 2002 - TA-085
My PS3 Slim 160GB 4.25 OFW
My Vita: WiFi only :(
jrbo

Post by jrbo »

I'll try that thanks, oh and I've noticed even on final fantasy 3 the remake it lags a little too at times
maartenve

Post by maartenve »

i have the same problem with samsung galaxy s plus
Krayziezay

Post by Krayziezay »

I really don't have lag issues on my galaxy s3
Galaxy S3 Rooted running Goodness Rom
PSP Vita 1.81(waiting to hack)
PSN: Bonezofstrata
poker2themax

Post by poker2themax »

i know how you feel i have a htc evo 3d and it lags big time i just stopped playing it.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

welcome to the world of lazy programming.
devs used to make such great AAA titles with so little hardware, nowadays you need a supercomputer to run such a graphically low-end game like minecraft, which essentially has the same graphics as a PS1, but requires 100 times more power than it.
DerpyChap

Post by DerpyChap »

Acid_Snake wrote:welcome to the world of lazy programming.
devs used to make such great AAA titles with so little hardware, nowadays you need a supercomputer to run such a graphically low-end game like minecraft, which essentially has the same graphics as a PS1, but requires 100 times more power than it.
Minecraft's graphics are too advanced for a ps1 but not for a DS (graphics on a DS are not much better than graphics on a ps1) It depends on a mix of things. If your GPU is rubbish but have a powerful CPU and 1 GB of RAM the device will lag. If you have a good GPU but only 356 MB of RAM and a 1GHz CPU the game will probably run better. It depends on a mix of GPU, CPU and RAM. My device has 356 MB of RAM and a 1.2GHz single core CPU but, due to its GPU, it isn't very good at gaming.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

DerpyChap wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:welcome to the world of lazy programming.
Minecraft's graphics are too advanced for a ps1 but not for a DS (graphics on a DS are not much better than graphics on a ps1) It depends on a mix of things. If your GPU is rubbish but have a powerful CPU and 1 GB of RAM the device will lag. If you have a good GPU but only 356 MB of RAM and a 1GHz CPU the game will probably run better. It depends on a mix of GPU, CPU and RAM. My device has 356 MB of RAM and a 1.2GHz single core CPU but, due to its GPU, it isn't very good at gaming.
and you think a PS1 has a good GPU?

I stand on my point. Devs nowadays underuse the power and make small games that require way too much power for what they have.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Just want to point out that Minecraft is CPU intensive not GPU

The graphics are 16x16 pixel's but there is simply a large amount of stuff happening at once that it really needs a good CPU to run it all
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Games/Apps”