Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is there a Final Fantasy Type-0 English patch?

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
jrbo

Is there a Final Fantasy Type-0 English patch?

Post by jrbo »

Does anyone know if there's an English version on the web somewhere this game looks amazing :)
Advertising
Last edited by Disturbed0ne on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited thread title to not mislead viewers
xXCgruntXx

Re: Final Fantasy Type-0 English patch!

Post by xXCgruntXx »

Man you got my hopes up :cry: no there is'nt
Advertising
DarkChaos89

Post by DarkChaos89 »

Nope but the Game has already Translate Disc 2 and the Eng Subs for the Movies. :D
soulscape

Post by soulscape »

Last I heard any fan translations had been abandoned due to the encryption in the game making it quite hard to replace the kanji. While not impossible to get around the amount of effort it would take is quite substantial for someone trying to do this in their spare time for free. Translations much like hacks tend to have very demanding users for a pretty much thankless job. I'm really surprised that we get as many as we do. Really have to hand it to the teams that get these done. As for FF type 0 it looks like our only hope in the near future is that it gets an official localization.
Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

PSVita Wifi 1.81 OFW
PSP (2001) 6.39 ME-9.2 (I've been lazy on upgrading to 6.60)
PSP (1001) 3.30 M33 - Pandora Battery
taqeelaSunrise

Re: Is there a Final Fantasy Type-0 English patch?

Post by taqeelaSunrise »

Last I heard, they were planning on localizing the game. And therefore, the team behind the translation also stopped. Don't know if that's really the case.
mushra

Post by mushra »

taqeelaSunrise wrote:Last I heard, they were planning on localizing the game. And therefore, the team behind the translation also stopped. Don't know if that's really the case.
Close :O but it's not a team, it's a person. Truthkey was translating it for a bit and only the second UMD disk also (which most of the game takes place btw). After Squenix made a comment or two about localizing it, he stopped translating it. He released the very few edits he did in the game to the public and again only for the second UMD. Only Ace's skills and such as been translated by a good chuck, the rest is just item names and people's names some little things like that. He also did some of the menu but nothing on storyline was touched :p just most the important *wtf does this do?!* things. o .o;

I will admit I didn't read the forum rules here so just google FF type zero Truthkey and you should see his partial patch. It's better then nothing!

PS I hope this was helpful D:
If you got nothing to add to the thread/argument then don`t bash on someone`s sentences like an English teacher. Some of us were not born in an English speaking country.
Rurounik

Post by Rurounik »

mushra wrote:
taqeelaSunrise wrote:Last I heard, they were planning on localizing the game. And therefore, the team behind the translation also stopped. Don't know if that's really the case.
Close :O but it's not a team, it's a person. Truthkey was translating it for a bit and only the second UMD disk also (which most of the game takes place btw). After Squenix made a comment or two about localizing it, he stopped translating it. He released the very few edits he did in the game to the public and again only for the second UMD. Only Ace's skills and such as been translated by a good chuck, the rest is just item names and people's names some little things like that. He also did some of the menu but nothing on storyline was touched :p just most the important *wtf does this do?!* things. o .o;

I will admit I didn't read the forum rules here so just google FF type zero Truthkey and you should see his partial patch. It's better then nothing!

PS I hope this was helpful D:
Yeap... It was, at least for me... Thanks.
Datright

Post by Datright »

I'm not sure if it's legit or not but at another website, it mentions that Final Fantasy Type-0 is scheduled to be released next week. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm pretty sure that that website is legit and pretty resourceful. If it is true then there would be no need for a translation patch and FF Type-0 would be available in english next week! Please be true!
idiotstrike

Post by idiotstrike »

What site would that be?
GreeNinja

Post by GreeNinja »

you're lucky if you know chinese ( only got the FFT0 CN patch ) lolz........
PS Vita = FW 2.02 running UNO Exploit
PSP 2000 = CFW 6.60 ME

Return to “Games”