#199616 by Minimur12
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 am
if you didnt know there will be a new final fantasy game
LIGHTNING RETURNS : FINAL FANTASY XIII

www.finalfantasyxiii.com/LR/
Advertising
#199627 by Shinyoite
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am
"Final Fantasy fans" knew about this a bit over two months ago though.
Advertising
#199905 by zero7starz
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm
I don't follow game news quite that closely, so I didn't know. HEY THX FOR POSTING THIS that everyone else thinks everyone already knows about :lol:

I am getting very tired of this recent final fantasy sequel parade they keep doing. X-2 was bad enough... XIII-2 tried to do way too much, so now we're just gonna give this a THIRD try? -_- Sometimes I fear they're running out of ideas for these games so they're taking the Disney approach of sequel time! (If every sequel was as good as its predecessor I wouldn't be complaining, mind you...) I miss the days of final fantasy being overly polished.

I would much rather hear some news about that FFX Vita port, or how about some HD remasters of 8 and 9? Those two never get/got any love like the others :(
#199923 by jd20dog
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:54 pm
zero7starz wrote:I don't follow game news quite that closely, so I didn't know. HEY THX FOR POSTING THIS that everyone else thinks everyone already knows about :lol:

I am getting very tired of this recent final fantasy sequel parade they keep doing. X-2 was bad enough... XIII-2 tried to do way too much, so now we're just gonna give this a THIRD try? -_- Sometimes I fear they're running out of ideas for these games so they're taking the Disney approach of sequel time! (If every sequel was as good as its predecessor I wouldn't be complaining, mind you...) I miss the days of final fantasy being overly polished.

I would much rather hear some news about that FFX Vita port, or how about some HD remasters of 8 and 9? Those two never get/got any love like the others :(

S/E already explained why they wont remake 7,8 and 9, they are all very open worldly and they dont have the time or budget to remake them....
they explained it when 13 came out as the reason on its linear world maps
#199966 by zero7starz
Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 am
jd20dog wrote:
zero7starz wrote:I don't follow game news quite that closely, so I didn't know. HEY THX FOR POSTING THIS that everyone else thinks everyone already knows about :lol:

S/E already explained why they wont remake 7,8 and 9, they are all very open worldly and they dont have the time or budget to remake them....
they explained it when 13 came out as the reason on its linear world maps

Don't get me wrong, I understand their business reasons for doing what they do and why they do it. In an all encompassing manner the 13 project is cheaper, which leads to more profits; that is ultimately the goal of business. I'm speaking as a fan, a hobbits, and a perfectionist - their timeline to budget ratio isn't exactly something I consider when fantasizing about what Final Fantasy stuff I'd like to exist.

I do however, feel that they might be slightly underestimating how profitable something like that may be (with the amount of Final Fantasy fans who grew up playing those three as they came out, or first,) and over estimating how difficult it would be to transition the "open worldly" feel to current game play styles. I also realize I always underestimate fan-kids abilities to get all butthurt over the slightest alterations to their precious "blah blah blahs," so I usually don't comment much on the subject. We already have enough trolls :(