Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Translating Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
WoloLordOFTheRings

Translating Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki

Post by WoloLordOFTheRings » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:26 am

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of translating the Japanese PSP game Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki ( 幻想水滸伝 紡がれし百年の時) into english, if that is even possible.

Other people are doing the same, however no recent updates are made http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtop ... 6af757ea77

I searched wololo.net for people who are also translating games.

naki-the-curious is translating Touhou Adventure viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12270&start=20
incpdo is translating Silent Hill Play Novel Portable viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18539
alpha-omega plans to translate something viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14774

The thing is i don't even know where to begin and i have no experience with coding whatsoever, but i want to try something because i love this series :)
If anyone can point me to the right direction then i would greatly appreciate it
Advertising

naki-the-curious

Re: Translating Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Tok

Post by naki-the-curious » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:30 am

Well, all of the examples are of homebrew games, and in my case, the game I translated was written in lua so the raw code was visible (since lua is interpreted). I simply went through the code and translated the japanese text to english (which is why some text is outside of the text box ingame, because I couldn't figure out how to change it).

To translate an official game, you need quite alot of technical knowlege of the PSP and programming in general. the only fully successful translation that was made on this site was the Hatsune miku Project Diva extend translation by codestation, who was also the dev of the 6.xx game categories and also PRXshot (both of which are very high quality plugins). There was also a project started by Coldbird (the dev of PRO CFW) to translate Phantasy star Portable infinity, but that was passed on to a dedicated Phantasy star forum iirc.

So if you don't know how to program then I'm afraid that it is probably impossible to translate a official game.
Advertising
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)

Return to “Games”