Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

OpenIdea Iso Loader Discussion

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
DarkElement

Re: OpenIdea Iso Loader Discussion

Post by DarkElement »

No.
Advertising
Offtopic, but I just noticed "m0skit0" is actually "mosquito"
all this time I've been pronouncing his name is "em-oh-skit-zero"
OpenIdea ISO-Loader FAQ (READ if you have problems)
TOcean
HBL Tester

Post by TOcean »

when release the next version.
Advertising
p.o

Post by p.o »

I have a big problem with the last version ! (and also with the previous)
When i put in standby mode my psp 3000 and i rekindle her, the console crash !
Somebody else has this bug ?

(dridri use a psp go, so he mustn't have this bug else it would be fixed)
DarkElement

Post by DarkElement »

This bug is known by the developer.
black star

Post by black star »

DarkElement wrote:No.
Thanks. :)
xoti

Post by xoti »

is there a version that fixes the PSP go external memory ISO games from showing?

Anyone know of a way to make this work for the games on the external M2 card for the PSP GO??
Thanks
Maliniak

Post by Maliniak »

DarkElement wrote:I copied my isos/csos into ms0:/PSP/

The ISOs should be stored in: ms0:/ISO/ not ms0:/PSP/iso.. last folder is wrong.

Are you using Game Categories? If you do, you should make an EMPTY ISO folder @ ms0:/PSP/GAME (so the ISOfolder is stored @ ms0:/PSP/GAME/ISO)
make sure it's empty!

Still not working? Try VSH... and else post your VSH.txt here (also make sure you vsh.txt isnt named: "vsh.txt.txt", just make a new one and name it vsh instead of vsh.txt)
Thanks a lot! I added .txt to vsh and that's why it wasn't working :) Now works fine :)
DarkElement

Post by DarkElement »

OpenIdea Loader FAQ:

First of all, make SURE you download the right package, so if you own a PSP-GO, then download the GO-package!

1. Why don't my ISO's show up at the main menu?

- Make sure the vsh.txt file isn't named 'vsh.txt.txt', just save the file as 'vsh' with notepad instead of 'vsh.txt'
- Also make sure you restarted VSH (select-button from XMB)
- When using Game Categories make sure that besides the ISO-folder @ 'ms0:/ISO' you also have an empty ISO folder stored in 'ms0:/PSP/GAME'

2. If you own a PSP-GO make sure your vsh-file says 'ef0' instead of 'ms0'

3. When is the release of the next version?

- Dridri will announce his releases in the 'OpenIdea Iso Loader Discussion'-topic.

4. I wanna use CXMB in combination with (Game Categories &) OpenIdea Iso Loader!

- Thats possible :) just make sure the order of plugins in your VSH is as following: Loader -> Game Categories -> CXMB
* I don't know the reason of this order, just know that it worked for some users
also check out this post by 'w1th0utnam3'

viewtopic.php?p=14856#p14856

5. The loader crashed when i 'Woke' the PSP from sleep mode!

- This is a known bug, will be fixed in some future release

7. The loader crashed when i tried to return to XMB!

- Make sure u use beta 2 or above (0.2 beta 3 is the latest version when writing this)

8. It takes ages for the ISO's to show up on the XMB.. it's f******* slow!!!

- This bug is fixed in version 0.2. beta 3, be sure you check the openingspost frequently.

9. ISO "X" doesnt work.

- OpenIdea ISO Loader will soon support the NP9660-driver and then load more ISO's.

10. I can't load PSX-games.

- Currently the loader can't load PSX-games, just keep watching this topic!
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

xoti wrote:is there a version that fixes the PSP go external memory ISO games from showing?

Anyone know of a way to make this work for the games on the external M2 card for the PSP GO??
Thanks
I've gotten it to work on the M2 card, but not in conjunction with the internal memory.
I put the PSP3K versions OIP folder onto the M2 cards PSP/SYSTEM folder and put "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/OIP/vshctrl.prx 1" in the vsh.txt on the INTERNAL memory.
(Placing the PSP3K verion on the internal memory in place of the PSPgo version does shows the ISOs on the M2, but running an ISO causes the PSPgo to crash. An earlier verion had it return to the XMB with an error message.)

To mention it again: This DOES NOT work at the same time as the internal memory. If both are enabled in the vsh.txt, the higher listed one is the one that functions. I'm relying on Prometheus for my external loading for the time being. If you only want to use it from the M2 card though, then this is an viable option for you.

Side note @ dridri: If you could maybe change the files internals for the PSP3K version and the PSPgo versions to use different names, it might be worth testing to see if they can be used simultaneously (as merely renaming the files doesn't help.)
Dunnow

Post by Dunnow »

jc_gargma wrote: Side note @ dridri: If you could maybe change the files internals for the PSP3K version and the PSPgo versions to use different names, it might be worth testing to see if they can be used simultaneously (as merely renaming the files doesn't help.)
I think it can be easier if he makes the GO version to check MS0:/ISO too instead of making 2 different "naming" versions... hmm maybe he can do something like

Code: Select all

... code and stuff ...

if ms0:/ISO exists
    checking & listing function at @ms0
endif

if ef0:/ISO exists
    checking & listing function at @fs0
endif

... more code and stuff ...
but i dunno if it's even possible... i mean... he's a good dev i'm pretty sure he thought about that, or maybe he just wanted it to work before makind all this changes...

DriDri can u throw us some light about that? thanks
PSP 3004 pb | 6.20 OFW | TN-E | aLoader v1.25 | Game Catergories 1.2b

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”