Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MESSAGE FROM TN *Updated

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Eliminator

MESSAGE FROM TN *Updated

Post by Eliminator »

Message from TN,posted on pspking forums:
Ich gebe euch nen Tipp: Checkt am Dienstag die News. Falls ihr CEF noch nicht besitzt wird es an diesem Tag eure Chance sein.

English:
I give you an advice: Check the news on Tuesday. In case you dont have CEF Tuesday will be your Chance.

Seems like good news for those who lost this exploit ;)

EDIT:
Link: http://www.pspking.de/forum/showthread. ... #pid768046

UPDATE*

The Z wrote over at pspking:

Ihr habt von der PS Vita eCFW gehört aber leider verpasst das Exploit Spiel rechtzeitig aus dem PSN kaufen zu können? Kein Problem! Developer Total_Noob hat angekündigt, dass es für PS Vita Besitzer eine neue Chance geben wird seine eCFW, die CEF 6.60 TN-A, auf der PS Vita nutzen zu können. Oder wenn man es anders ausdrücken soll, so kann man annehmen, soll am Dienstag ein neues Exploit Spiel preisgegeben werden, mit welchem dann Total_Noobs eCFW nutzbar sein wird.

Das PSPKing Team empfiehlt daher, dass PS Vita Benutzer ihre PS Vita noch heute auf die Firmware 1.81 aktualisieren sollen, damit Sony nicht blitzschnell mit einer 1.82 um die Ecke kommen kann, was eventuell eine Nutzung der eCFW 6.60 TN-A verhindern könnte. Zusätzlich zum 1.81 Update sollte, neben der aktuellen Version des CMA Programms, noch der Patch OpenCMA hinzu installiert werden, damit der Content Manager Assistant auch ohne Internetverbindung oder aktuellere Firmware, in dem Falle eine neuere als 1.81, genutzt werden kann.
Der Kauf einer 20€ PSN Karte wäre auch noch zu empfehlen, da es wahrscheinlich sein könnte, dass das Spiel nicht mehr als 20€ kosten wird. Sollte es doch mehr kosten, kann einfach eine weitere 20€ PSN Karte gekauft werden.

Translation:
You have heard about the PSVita eCFM but sadly missed to get the Exploit game from the PSN on time? No problem! Developer Total_Noob has announced that there will be a new opportunity for PS Vita users to get the CEF 6.06 TN-A working on their Vita. Or in other words, a new Exploit game will be announced on Tuesday witch will be able to run Total_Noobs eCFW.

The PSPKing Team recomends that Vita users update to FW 1.81 as soon as possible, to avoid the possibility of an 1.82 aupdate by Sony that could potentialy block the eCFW 6.60 TN-A. Besides the 1.81 update you should intall OpenCMA, in order to be able to use CMA even if a newer FW comes out.
Is also recomended to buy a 20€ PSN card because its possible that the game wont exceed the 20€ mark.In case it exceeds that price you can simply buy another 20€ PSN Kard.

Source: http://www.pspking.de/forum/showthread. ... #pid768070

There you go!if you missed the Urbanix exploit make shure to open your eyes wide on Tuesday :)
Advertising
Last edited by Eliminator on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mlc

Re: MESSAGE FROM TN

Post by mlc »

Hopefully this will be either another usermode exploit for it, or a kernel exploit update for MHFU. Because if he releases another unrelated kernel exploit that is likely to get patched, that would be a huge waste... he should save it for another major firmware update, unless it's obvious that it will be noticed and patched at the same time as this one.

I assume he means he's going to release an eCFW for MH (or maybe even SC3), though a new user mode exploit to let more people get this k exploit before the firmware is updated would be great.

EDIT: one too many "though"s lol =(
Advertising
Last edited by mlc on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Will he give proper credit to PRO this time?
2die4
Banned

Post by 2die4 »

Good for people left out

Also ACID y u keep trying to start a flame war ?
mlc

Post by mlc »

Acid_Snake wrote:Will he give proper credit to PRO this time?
Err, do we know for a fact that he stole something from PRO for this release?

(other than the k exploit, but obviously that was public information once it was leaked)

I wouldn't be shocked, since some people have told me TN & PRO haven't had the best relationship, but I wouldn't go accusing him of plagiarism.
2die4 wrote:Also ACID y u keep trying to start a flame war ?
This is the implication I got from it too, unless it's known for a fact that TN stole his code.
In which case I'd agree with ACID, since TN would have a moral & probably legal (depending upon where he lives, I'd imagine) obligation to release his source immediately if he was using PRO code.
MacksG

Post by MacksG »

mlc wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:Will he give proper credit to PRO this time?
Err, do we know for a fact that he stole something from PRO for this release?

(other than the k exploit, but obviously that was public information once it was leaked)

I wouldn't be shocked, since some people have told me TN & PRO haven't had the best relationship, but I wouldn't go accusing him of plagiarism.
2die4 wrote:Also ACID y u keep trying to start a flame war ?
This is the implication I got from it too, unless it's known for a fact that TN stole his code.
In which case I'd agree with ACID, since TN would have a moral & probably legal (depending upon where he lives, I'd imagine) obligation to release his source immediately if he was using PRO code.
Agreed I Personally hope its Another great mini- or Better yet GTA Liberty city stories; Who wouldn't love that :D
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

PRO code has been found in TN's CEF and he didn't mention it, hence not giving any credit.

Also I don't want to start another useless TN-PRO war.
newgen2005

Post by newgen2005 »

Great news!

Lets hope it is a port for MH on 1.80, and something for the folks that are on 1.81 without VHBL!
Vita 1003 - 3.60 , Henkaku.
PS3 - 4.30 Rogero CFW
GP2X
PSP fat - x2
PSP slim - Darth Vader Edition
mlc

Post by mlc »

Acid_Snake wrote:PRO code has been found in TN's CEF and he didn't mention it, hence not giving any credit.

Also I don't want to start another useless TN-PRO war.
Oh, I forgot that that had been actually confirmed, as opposed to only speculated. But now that I think about it, I do recall someone saying they found obvious PRO references in his compiled code. So actually, you're very much right, he really should give credit.

And I don't believe PRO's license allows you to say "i'll release this code later," lol, but whatever. I really appreciate that TN came to help out, after it appeared that the kernel exploit might go to waste, but no amount of bad blood should prevent you from following the license of open source code you use, and giving credit to people whose work was responsible for the swiftness or quality of your accomplishments.

If it turns out that the PRO code was merely something he built off of, and there is no actual code remaining that belongs to the PRO team(which seems exceedingly unlikely, lol), then I retract my criticism of TN's actions.

But really, we all know the exploit is going to get patched, and Sony certainly has engineers and programmers that will be able to find and fix the k exploit easily, so I think the source should be released as soon as possible, even if the firmware update hasn't come yet.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I'm not 100% positive but I think the code he got from PRO was for iso/cso playback

Return to “TN CEF”