Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Re: DVD ISOs

Discuss here techniques/plugins/etc... related to ISO Loading and PSX Games
Forum rules
No Piracy Talk allowed here! Any post containing illegal contents and/or contents that is against the forum rules (including but not limited to links for illegal iso downloads) will be deleted, and the poster will be warned.
Mister Money

Post by Mister Money »

I've seen various DVD ISOs on the net and I was wondering could they be used/played on a PSP with (L)CFW? Or is a special program, mod etc etc required to load and run DVD ISOs??

Just FYI I have:

- PSP-3000 (Japanese)
- (L)CFW PRO-C

The only plugins I have are screenshot, umd_dump, cxmb and a SNES emulator that I sometimes keep on or delete.

What (if any) are needed to run DVD ISOs on a PSP, if possible? If the answer is yes, I would like to potentially rip my DVD collection to ISOs to watch on my PSP lol.

Thanks for any and all replies!
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

hmm I do hope you dont mean downloading movie's

but if you just want to watch your DVD's on your PSP then just rip then convert to MP4

http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-to-psp-converter.html <==== found that on google
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Like fate6 said, you're better off converting them to MP4 format for play on the PSP, if you rip ISO's from your DVD's then you have to mount them with "ISO Mount". It's just easier to rip them, convert to MP4 and then put them right into your ms0:/Video folder and play them directly from the Video tab on the XMB. MP4's will work from OFW as well while ISO's can only be run while in (L)CFW mode.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Mister Money

Post by Mister Money »

fate6 wrote:hmm I do hope you dont mean downloading movie's

but if you just want to watch your DVD's on your PSP then just rip then convert to MP4

Well, I know about ripping/converting movie files or DVDs to mp4 etc (I do that with dramas and anime series for example).

But I am just curious about DVD ISOs. Like, you see them over the net and all that. Was just wondering if that's something a CFW PSP could run. I'm thinking like hey, if you can run UMD ISOs of your games or ones online, could the same be possible with DVD ISOs, or is there a difference?

Like for example if I saw Bleach Movie 4 DVD ISO and downloaded it, would I be able to run it on my PSP?
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

Mister Money wrote:
fate6 wrote:hmm I do hope you dont mean downloading movie's

Well, I know about ripping/converting movie files or DVDs to mp4 etc (I do that with dramas and anime series for example).

But I am just curious about DVD ISOs. Like, you see them over the net and all that. Was just wondering if that's something a CFW PSP could run. I'm thinking like hey, if you can run UMD ISOs of your games or ones online, could the same be possible with DVD ISOs, or is there a difference?

Like for example if I saw Bleach Movie 4 DVD ISO and downloaded it, would I be able to run it on my PSP?
Yes, you'll be able to run video ISO's on your PSP with the (L)CFW you have now but what we're saying is that it's much easier to run MP4's.

But if you want to rip ISO's and mount them by all means, go right ahead.

If you open your VSH menu you'll see an option to "Mount video ISO" (or something very similar, I never use it so I might have missed a word), that's what you'd use to run a DVD ISO each time you want to watch it.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

afaik you cant run DVD ISO's but you can run UMD ISO's ;)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
stevealexanderames

Post by stevealexanderames »

yep. :lol: dvd ISOs are different from UMD's, e.g. the resolution, PSP don't play videos over 480x272.

but the "structure" itself of a DVD video is different, DVD usually has audio and video folder, an UMD video ISO has a structure very similar to a PSP game
PSP 3004 3G 6.20 LME / PRO(MOD)-C
Steven

Post by Steven »

there should be a tutorial out there on how to make your own Custom UMD Video
moz

Post by moz »

Steven wrote:there should be a tutorial out there on how to make your own Custom UMD Video
i never bought and dumped an umd video, and since i only have my psp go now i can't do that, but it will be fun to know how are they made, and if it's possible to make your own UMD video .iso or .cso XD
I'm on the scene from day one. I don't support piracy, homebrews are better
neur0n is awesome. way better than sony devs!
codestation plugins are the best!
http://neur0npsp.altervista.org ← ALL neur0n's releases!
Steven

Post by Steven »

moz wrote:
i never bought and dumped an umd video, and since i only have my psp go now i can't do that, but it will be fun to know how are they made, and if it's possible to make your own UMD video .iso or .cso XD
ohh it's possible alright but it's time consuming (in my opinion) might as well rip from your dvd and convert it to psp video format

Return to “ISO/PSX Games Loading”