Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP Games and Vita

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
puretruth

PSP Games and Vita

Post by puretruth »

Copy and paste.

source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-573 ... -is-a-ps3/
PSP games that secretly run on the Vita: All you need is a PS3

The Vita is more backward-compatible at launch than Sony's letting on. Here's how to get your PSP games that aren't showing up on PSN onto your Vita. (You'll need a PS3.)
Expand the Vita's library: connect to a PS3.
(Credit: Scott Stein/CNET)
The PS Vita is a pretty phenomenal piece of hardware that's technically capable of being backward-compatible with the entire PSP library. Alas, at this point, the list of PSP games you can download onto your PS Vita is limited. Sure, there are plenty of great older games (and lots of great brand-new ones, too), but there are many missing titles. Browse the list for yourself.
Sony says the list of backward-compatible games will continue to grow, but why wait? There are actually plenty of other PSP games you can play on your PS Vita right now, but you'll need a PS3 to make it happen. They may not be listed on Sony's backward-compatibility list, but they certainly work.
So, here's the trick, which has been discussed on many message boards: while you can browse the PS Store to see what older downloadable PSP content is available for purchase or redownload, you're not getting the full picture of the whole PSP catalog. Instead, browse your download list via Transaction Management on your PSN account on the PlayStation 3, and download any PSP games. The PS3 will store PSP games and allow a PSP--or, a Vita--to sync the content.

Echochrome on the Vita.
(Credit: Scott Stein/CNET)
Connect your PS Vita to the PS3 via USB cable (half of the AC charging kit that came with the system) and launch the Content Manager app. Select the "Connect to a PS3 System" option, and select "Copy from PS3 to Vita." You can browse all PSP-related save content. At this point, any PSP games that can be transferred show up in a list. Select them, copy the files, and you'll have your PSP games on your Vita.
So far, I've done this to transfer two of my favorite games: Echochrome and Flow. According to message boards, many more games are transferable, but the only officially supported games are those that show up in the PS Store, and are listed in the official Sony blog post above. Of course, there's a good chance that these other games will officially appear in the PS Store sooner or later. And, sorry, UMD owners: this still doesn't help you at all.
Early PS Vita adopters (the Vita officially launches tomorrow), explore away. Any successfully transferred games you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-573 ... z1nBp6SauX
Advertising
tombraiderwes

Re: PSP Games and Vita

Post by tombraiderwes »

Does this actually work? I have PSP games I bought for my old GO I sold on my PS3 still....
Advertising
Lara Croft was the best in Anniversary - no one can tell me otherwise.
puretruth

Post by puretruth »

tombraiderwes wrote:Does this actually work? I have PSP games I bought for my old GO I sold on my PS3 still....
Yes for some. I have only 2 that I bought last year, Pursuit Force and Modnation and Pursuit force I got to install this way.
Softtm17

Post by Softtm17 »

Guys....one thing...
BUT....if i have a ps3 with 3.55knew....and i go to copy an original psp game downloaded from the psn....->(.pbp)
Is there any way to transfer it in the psVita?
Think a moment to this....we can take all "backup copies" *.pbp and transfer it with the ps3....
would be great if it works....
I tried to copy a converted iso -> pbp in dev_flash0/game/*****/Eboot.pbp......but with my ignorance..dosn't work...or better...i can't see the game...
I dont have any full game of psn....(*run to find someone in internet..)

Edit1:
no....i dont need to find some games.pbp....but the installation pack (i think) of the ps3....
Because when you download a game of the psp (and not ps1->psp) from the psn.....you need to install it in your P.Console.......so i think i need to search a game.Pkg
Let me know if i m stupid and crazy to do this thx ^^"

However if you can....let me know if it can "work" in someway..

(srry 4 my english =P )
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Pirated games do not work. :roll: Buy them, and they may change their mind.
Softtm17 wrote:However if you can....let me know if it can "work" in someway..
Anybody that does will get a warning instantly.
Softtm17

Post by Softtm17 »

Xian Nox wrote:Pirated games do not work. :roll: Buy them, and they may change their mind.
Softtm17 wrote:However if you can....let me know if it can "work" in someway..
Anybody that does will get a warning instantly.
^^""
Sorry i dont think about it...>_<
I have a original game but is of the ps1....ff8 ç_ç so i cant test it.

However ok sorry again >_>
(i want only make some nice(?) ideas to someone read this post >_>)
emanon36

Post by emanon36 »

to continue this thread from the OP's pov. I have ff7 and ff8 on psn and ive d/l them to my ps3 from psn. when i connect my psvita via the usb it doesnt see the 2 games i have on the ps3. ive only d/l them and not installed. is there anything else i could do to get these onto the ps vita as i really been wanting to play them and im going out of town this weekend for business. Long flights are boring **** and was looking to escape lol.
tombraiderwes

Post by tombraiderwes »

That happened with me first but I had to reconnect my Vita 2x to copy my PSP game and it worked. I now have Tomb Raider Anniversary on my PSV!
Lara Croft was the best in Anniversary - no one can tell me otherwise.
puretruth

Post by puretruth »

emanon36 wrote:to continue this thread from the OP's pov. I have ff7 and ff8 on psn and ive d/l them to my ps3 from psn. when i connect my psvita via the usb it doesnt see the 2 games i have on the ps3. ive only d/l them and not installed. is there anything else i could do to get these onto the ps vita as i really been wanting to play them and im going out of town this weekend for business. Long flights are boring **** and was looking to escape lol.
The only way to play FF7 or FF8 as they are PS1 games is to remote play while you are home or away. PS1 games will not play on the vita otherwise right now. This only works for PSP games and you need to keep the uninstalled bubble that you see in the game section of the PS3 there when you copy them to the Vita.

Return to “General”