Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Create Your First Silverlight Application for Window[Help]

Programming for your favorite smartphone or tablet? Post here
Zasisem

Create Your First Silverlight Application for Window[Help]

Post by Zasisem »

Has anyone ever done this tutorial?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.92).aspx

I'm stuck on "Double-click the Go button control that you added to add an event handler for the button click event. You will see a MainPage.xaml.cs file that is similar to the following."
When I double click the "Go" button it shows me MainPage.xaml.vb instead of MainPage.xaml.cs?
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Re: Create Your First Silverlight Application for Window[Hel

Post by JJS »

Because you are using Visual Basic and the article is about C#? Just a guess based on the file extension.
Advertising
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Side note: personally, you're wasting your time. Silverlight is as dead as Flash... Better learn HTML5 + CSS3 + JavaScript.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
Zasisem

Post by Zasisem »

JJS: Yes sir.
m0skit0 wrote:Side note: personally, you're wasting your time. Silverlight is as dead as Flash... Better learn HTML5 + CSS3 + JavaScript.
Thanks for the heads up but I'm messing around with their tutorials for now. My studies are for educational purposes for Windows Phone. There having a contest, submit a game(Any and as much as you can code) for Windows and your entered to win a Dell Alienware, along with an Xbox Live Gold membership. I'll probably end up making a pong clone or one with a bunch of blocks.. but can any of you help me on this tutorial?
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Zasisem

Post by Zasisem »

Help here..
I'm stuck on "Double-click the Go button control that you added to add an event handler for the button click event. You will see a MainPage.xaml.cs file that is similar to the following."
When I double click the "Go" button it shows me MainPage.xaml.vb instead of MainPage.xaml.cs
These programs are weird though.. I was more used to writing down every single thing like on the PSP... but anyways.... when I click the "Go" button twice, "MainPage.xaml.cs" doesn't show up, this does "MainPage.xaml.vb". I don't even think it's programming related but just clicking something the tutorial says to click, but clicking that certain thing isn't working properly..? And wow at that pie chart comparison.. Lol, I'm entering for a contest they're having. "Submit your entry, and be in the drawing to win an AlienWare Dell Gaming Laptop". And from the looks of that pie chart I'm guessing there may not be many entries?
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Please fix the tutorial link, thanks ;)
Zasisem wrote:These programs are weird though.. I was more used to writing down every single thing like on the PSP
This is why I said soooooo many times to not learn programming on PSP... :roll:
Zasisem wrote:when I click the "Go" button twice, "MainPage.xaml.cs" doesn't show up, this does "MainPage.xaml.vb"
Looks like you selected VB templates instead of C# templates, like JJS already pointed out earlier. The tutorial is for C#, not VB. Also I suggest you C# instead of VB.
Zasisem wrote:And wow at that pie chart comparison..
Well that pie chart is old. Now it's even worse.
Zasisem wrote:And from the looks of that pie chart I'm guessing there may not be many entries?
Probably, but that's a pro to participate: the less entries, the more chances of winning ;)

Return to “Programming”