Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wii U smash stack exploit.

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
spleenpoker

Wii U smash stack exploit.

Post by spleenpoker »

Hey guys, I'm about to go out and get Super Smash bros. brawl and I'm wondering if it matters that I get the nintendo select range version?

Thank you for all the help!
Advertising
myth

Re: Wii U smash stack exploit.

Post by myth »

When I hacked my wii (u) I read about all the expolites and never heard anything about not able to do it with the players choice, though nintendo has fixed bugs etc in the players choice version. (metroid prime 1 etc) I'd personally buy the orignal version and if thats impossible for you to find I'd go after another game expolite.
Advertising
pcmantinker

Post by pcmantinker »

I would try and find the original Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Smash Stack works differently than other exploit games as it loads a stage in the stage builder and not game progress from a game save. I've found that it was the easiest game to use for the exploit on the Wii U.
PSV 1000 (Henkaku Enso), PS4, New 3DS GW/Luma, Xbox 1.4 X2 BIOS, Xbox One, GB Micro/GBA SP (EZ Flash IV), Nintendo Switch
juliavasa5

Post by juliavasa5 »

So this is the data (in the spoiler) that i pulled from the exploit... it seems to me that they are using the amount of memory the string is allotted to achieve the exploit. Im assuming that with the wii u, when the string is added to itself over and over and over, eventually the string exceeds the amount of memory it is allowed to hold, effectively overwriting important data that is causing the crash. Then the var h1 is getting actual address of it so that the user can later inject the code? :roll:
fate6 was here!

Return to “Programming and Security”