Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help a newbie purchasing a New 3DS

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
filanimetor

Help a newbie purchasing a New 3DS

Post by filanimetor »

First of all let me say sorry for not researching for the answer. It's not like I'm lazy or anything, it's just that I don't even know what I want to know. lol! Most question I have just leads to more questions so if you could take a time to answer I'd greatly appreciate it. Anyways,

1. I've been wanting to get a New 3DS for a while now. Now, to save me the trouble of hacking/installing a cfw on it I thought I'd just get a pre-hacked one. I've been offered 3DS with a CFW Arm11 (or something) is that good?
Is there anything I should ask about it to provide you guys with more info?

2. If that's not good, any tips on what I should get instead?

3. Could you also please provide some basic info and what to do and not what to do on a hacked 3DS?

Thanks in advance.
Advertising
Jiro

Re: Help a newbie purchasing a New 3DS

Post by Jiro »

A hacked 3DS normally means one of three things:

Homebrew--easy to get, cannot play pirated games, use an arm11 exploit
CFW--harder to get, requires downgrading the firmware to 9.2, uses an arm9 exploit as well as the arm11, can play pirated games
arm9loaderhax (a9lh): allows CFW when starting up the machine, fast and reliable. It is the best choice but the procedure for installing it is long and complicated. It can be installed on any machine that can run CFW at all.

Someone telling you the machine has CFW arm11 makes no sense--arm11 access by itself won't let you use CFW. Maybe you misheard him?
Advertising
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

How much do they want for the 3DS?
filanimetor

Post by filanimetor »

@Jiro
In his message to me he said "CFW Arm11 with 64gb full of games." I will have to ask him again. Thank you

@Coffee
around $230
Unit is 1 month old
Tempered glass on main screen
Screen protected on Touch screen
includes a charger, a pouch and a 64gb memory card
filanimetor

Post by filanimetor »

Additinal question guys. Apparently the unit is Eu region. But he said since the unit is cfw already it can play any region cart. Is this true? And can i play online with it? And lastly, if yes, which region does it depends on who i can play online?
Thanks in advace
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

It depends on how the seller has the 3DS setup. Some Custom Firmwares allow you to bypass region-locking. Online play may also be possible. Region-locking within online multiplayer I believe to depend on the game itself, like with The Legend Of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes.

Return to “General”