Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Heads up! Humble THQ Nordic Playstation Bundle 2 is ongoing. Pay what you want for $269 worth of PS4 games. (Affiliate link)

2DS + rxTools. How do I install it?

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Archaga

2DS + rxTools. How do I install it?

Post by Archaga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 am

I've spent the entire day going from site to site, tutorial to tutorial but nothing is being said in terms someone like me (who hasn't been part of the scene) can understand.

One tutorial said that the only way for CFW to work on the 2DS is to get the Cubic Ninja game? If that's true, then what exactly is the rxTool browser setup and why can't I use that instead?

is rxTools not a CFW itself? Do I need CFW BEFORE I can run rxTool?

After that, how do I update emuNAND to play the latest games? Is it a file I put on the SD card? Do I update using a program? Does rxTools do it for me? I AM SO CONFUSED!
Advertising
Last edited by Archaga on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

reprep

Re: 2DS + rxTools. How do install it?

Post by reprep » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:16 am

visit the home of rxTools, every info you need is there. www.rxtools.net/ . If you want to use the signature patched version, just change the launcher.dat. visit the source link in the article here: http://wololo.net/2015/06/12/3ds-rxtool ... -released/

it is always recommended to have a NAND backup prior to messing with your 3DS.
Advertising

Archaga

Post by Archaga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:32 am

reprep wrote:visit the home of rxTools, every info you need is there. http://www.rxtools.net/ . If you want to use the signature patched version, just change the launcher.dat. visit the source link in the article here: http://wololo.net/2015/06/12/3ds-rxtool ... -released/

I did go to the site after reading the article and I'm still confused. Let me go step by step of what I think the process is and stop me when I go horribly horribly wrong.

1) I have a 2DS on 8.1
2) DL files from rxTools.net and place them in SD card and put it back into 2DS
3) turn on the 2DS, go to the site on the 2DS browser, trigger the setup.
4) The 2DS has now booted rxTools and all required components are installed.
5) I can now just dump backups into the SD card an play them?

It can't possibly be that easy. But no other tutorial properly mentions what the web browser setup does, or if there are requirements to do so like a pre-existing CFW, etc. It's driving me nuts.

As someone who's successfully used exploits on iDevices, PS2, PSP, Vita, Wii, I's surprised at how much trouble the 2DS is giving me.

hyausv67

Post by hyausv67 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:10 am

Archaga wrote:
reprep wrote:visit the home of rxTools, every info you need is there. http://www.rxtools.net/ . If you want to use the signature patched version, just change the launcher.dat. visit the source link in the article here: http://wololo.net/2015/06/12/3ds-rxtool ... -released/

I did go to the site after reading the article and I'm still confused. Let me go step by step of what I think the process is and stop me when I go horribly horribly wrong.

1) I have a 2DS on 8.1
2) DL files from rxTools.net and place them in SD card and put it back into 2DS
3) turn on the 2DS, go to the site on the 2DS browser, trigger the setup.
4) The 2DS has now booted rxTools and all required components are installed.
5) I can now just dump backups into the SD card an play them?

It can't possibly be that easy. But no other tutorial properly mentions what the web browser setup does, or if there are requirements to do so like a pre-existing CFW, etc. It's driving me nuts.

As someone who's successfully used exploits on iDevices, PS2, PSP, Vita, Wii, I's surprised at how much trouble the 2DS is giving me.
do you WANT it to be difficult?
it's a web hack, if you have an exploitable web browser then you just load the link...
'activating' the hack is easy enough, but it is not as simple as dumping roms on the sd card, you need to install them, with an installer. i recommend gbatemp for talking about 3ds stuff though. (and on gbatemp i would recommend wololo for psp/vita)

how easy was it to hack psp? chickhen was a bit annoying, but simple. but ps3 and later psp, it was ridiculously simple.

reprep

Re: 2DS + rxTools. How do I install it?

Post by reprep » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:35 am

rxTools is a cfw but it won't let you install .cia files by itself. you have to have dev menu, FBI or any other .cia installer installed to achieve that. If that is your aim, yes you will need a cubic ninja cartridge or gateway flashcart to at least install a .cia installer. After you got a .cia installer installed, you can pretty much install whatever you want by booting signature patched rxTools.

i agree it looks complicated and i don't have a link to step-by-step tutorial.

Return to “General”