Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New Gateway needs to connect to site?

Everything that is 3DS related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Swing

New Gateway needs to connect to site?

Post by Swing »

Well since the gateway flashcarts are the same you just need to DL whatever they did for 4.5-9.2 do you need to remain on that website the entire time you're playing your 3DS? I don't quite understand the online deal? Do you just need to connect to that website to update the flashcart and you're good to go? What are the details exactly?
Advertising
Shadowtrance

Re: New Gateway needs to connect to site?

Post by Shadowtrance »

No the web browser thing is the new exploit they use on anything above 4.1-4.5 (although it does work on those versions as well) to boot into gateway mode/classic mode/the gateway menu.

Technically you don't need to be online at all.

If you happen to have an android phone/tablet you can do it this way as well. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-gat ... id.378234/

Or you can downgrade (assuming you have a non 2ds or "NEW" 3ds) to 4.2 (US Console) or 4.5 (EU Console) and use the old DS Profile exploit instead. :)
Advertising
Swing

Post by Swing »

So would you recommend getting the Gateway with it's new features for my fiance's 3DS (9.0) and my unopened XL (x.x?) I'd like to play my games in 3D.
reprep

Post by reprep »

just downgrade to 4.x like i did with my 9.2 3DS XL. It is too much hassle to go online each time you want to activate gateway mode.
jackmax

Post by jackmax »

Another method you can try HFS, with HFS.exe and WEBPAGE HTML to downgrade your 3ds with gateway 3ds!

Using Environment: PC and Router

Found from here: http://www.gateway-3ds.net/blog/Tutoria ... g-offline/

Return to “General”