This is a first alpha so you may encounter several bugs (i listed the ones i found in Known issues). I decided to release this homebrew as it is now cause, starting from 2nd April i will have much less time to work on my homebrews.
Asteroids 3D is a "clone" of Asteroids but in a 3D environment so you have to survive as long as you can.
Last release: 0.5 ALPHA
L / R = Shoot
DPad / Circle Stick = Move Ship
Game is provided also of a pickups system. Currently implemented pickups are:
Laser - Give you possibility to continuos shoot by holding L or R trigger (autofire) for 5 seconds
Ship breakdown - You can't move or shoot for 5 seconds
Game is provided of a render switcher:
CPU rendering: More accurate but slower
GPU rendering: Less accurate but faster
Game supports stereoscopic 3D but using it cause asteroids disappear for GPU rendering and huge framedrops (both GPU and CPU rendering).
- Collisions system needs to be improved
- Stereoscopic 3D effect cause a huge framedrop making the game unplayable
- GPU render fails to print correctly the ship in some angulation
- GPU render fails to print asteroids if steroscopic 3D effect is enabled
- Sometimes bottom screen flicks
- 3DS/CIA related only: Huge screens flickering issue
Download (Mirror): http://rinnegatamante.it
Github repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Asteroids-3D