Video Channels Creator is a *64Bit Windows-only (for now) PC program which will make you to create your own CIA videos easily and comfortable.
It supports any video format thanks to ffmpeg decoder and can handle correctly a large amount of videos.
Player is not tested on O3DS, it will probably have lower framerate, but on N3DS it runs pretty good with anime videos and similars (23-27 fps) and probably also with normal videos (30 fps).
How does it work?
Basically, Video Channels Creator will produce an homebrew running lpp-3ds core which will load a video encoded as JPGV video from romfs. This will allows to store the video inside the CIA file and so it allows users to have infinite custom videos on Home Menu.
A little video preview can be found here: http://rinnegatamante.it/custom_cia.mp4
1) Download the homebrew and extract it in a folder.
2) Open files folder and place here a video file in whatever format you want.
3) (Optional) Replace icon.png, banner.png and audio.wav with your own files (Wav files must be 3 seconds or less).
4) Start build.bat script and follow screen instructions
ihaveamac for testing the homebrew during creation
Steveice10 for bannertool
Sgt. Lulz for banner and icon used for demo video
Everyone involved in ctrulib creation
Everyone involved in ffmpeg creation
Everyone involved in makerom and ctrtool creation
Everyone involved in 3dstool creation
Tips & Warnings
- Unique_ID allowed range is 0x0 to 0xFFFFFF.
- Cinema Mode will reduce battery usage (due to screen backlight power-off for bottom screen).
- Cinema Mode will slightly boost framerate (due to bottom screen rendering disabling).
- You found a bug or you have suggestions to improve the tool? Just make a reply to this thread explaining your report!
Here you can find unofficial versions for other systems:
Mac version by olizbu: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-vide ... st-6101330
32 Bit Windows version by Februarysn0w: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/as3sksiov317 ... /VVC_stuff _for_Windowsx86.7z?dl=0