Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

SKY3DS works on 9.8.0-25 while GW not

Discuss official 3DS games here
Dwtechzhope

SKY3DS works on 9.8.0-25 while GW not

Post by Dwtechzhope »

It is confirmed by official site and many sky3ds players sky3ds(shop from dwtechz.com) works directly on newest firmware 9.8.0-25. Further after trial sky3ds support regionFOUR on 9.8.0 well on old and new 3ds console. Smealum is working on the Ninjax 2.0 for homebrew on 9.8.0. Expect this emunand on Rxtools Old3DS work Eshop spoof still works. The bad is that Select button doesn't work anymore on GW9.8,broken rom loader & region free. SKY3DS IS MORE POWERFUL!
Advertising
rediskazlo

Re: SKY3DS works on 9.8.0-25 while GW not

Post by rediskazlo »

Nope. Gateway already updated their "emu-nand" to 9.8 . cheers.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Dwtechzhope wrote:It is confirmed by official site and many sky3ds players sky3ds(shop from dwtechz.com) works directly on newest firmware 9.8.0-25. Further after trial sky3ds support regionFOUR on 9.8.0 well on old and new 3ds console. Smealum is working on the Ninjax 2.0 for homebrew on 9.8.0. Expect this emunand on Rxtools Old3DS work Eshop spoof still works. The bad is that Select button doesn't work anymore on GW9.8,broken rom loader & region free. SKY3DS IS MORE POWERFUL!
Sky3DS is inferior in every single way; I wouldn't even consider it working on 9.8 before GW a perk because GW pushes updates out quickly and people can live without being online for a day or two. Sorry for your poor choice in flash carts.
iCEQB

Post by iCEQB »

And on top of that you just got lucky that smea actually gave a **** to update his regionfree and homebrew solutions to a newer FW.
But don't worry, Sky will loose these "features" (which are community efforts) with the next 3DS update, so enjoy your powerfull flashcard while you still can ;)
doctorgoat

Post by doctorgoat »

Why even bother using the Gateway if you have CFW? They have the same requirements and benefits.

The Sky3DS fills a different niche. It kinda blows at anything but homebrew, but for piracy it's the only option >9.2.

Emunand is a different thing from actually being able to use it on higher firmwares.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

doctorgoat wrote:Why even bother using the Gateway if you have CFW? They have the same requirements and benefits.

The Sky3DS fills a different niche. It kinda blows at anything but homebrew, but for piracy it's the only option >9.2.

Emunand is a different thing from actually being able to use it on higher firmwares.
I like flash carts for convenience, CFW is nice as well but I don't want to have to install all of my backups as .cia's. It just gets tedious and annoying. But that's a personal preference strictly for all of my various backups, CFW makes most homebrews much easier to use.
doctorgoat

Post by doctorgoat »

i just don't get why there's this weird console war over flash cards when they do different things/have different target audiences

if it actually worked on mine i'd get a gateway just to double up on storage (cia installations + roms) but it just doesn't work on 9.2> and probably never will unless something real wacky happens

Return to “Games”