Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Pokemon X/Y

Discuss official 3DS games here
wraddek

Pokemon X/Y

Post by wraddek »

I really like this game, It reminds me of the Kanto region (red, Blue, (green) and Yellow/Fire red and Leaf Green) in a way, mainly some of the old school music and a lot of Gen. 1 pokemon are probably the reason for this. :)
So do you guys like this game, why/why not? Where are you up to and what are your party members?
I'm pretty early on, just beat the second gym and I have a Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Beedrill, Pikachu, Kirlia, and my starter which is a Quilladin. They're all about lvl 30, give or take a few levels. :mrgreen:
Advertising
Wradical ;)
mlc

Re: Pokemon X/Y

Post by mlc »

I'm pretty fond of it. But I assume everyone will like it, other than people who were overly hyped for the "first" 3D pokemon game.

My only real complaints are about the online components, but it's not shocking that they'd shut down older services over time. The ostensible goal (beyond saving money) of reducing hacked Pokemon was basically pointless from the start due to Pokegen. So I don't think they did a great job of it, especially since the DS and older games are still popular, Pokemon X/Y seems to be a fine "sequel."

But for anyone who isn't a Poke-fanatic or overly anxious for the next great 3DS game, I would recommend waiting for the inevitable "Pokemon Z."
Advertising
hinata

Post by hinata »

I don't hate the game but I did find it irritating that it is easier than the older games and really didn't bring much to the table to draw me back into Pokemon. Sure the game looks a whole lot better than the previous generation of games but it didn't really change things up that much.
PS Vita 1002 - OFW 3.51 Rejuvenate
PS Vita 2002 - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
Vita TV - OFW 3.60 HENkaku
wraddek

Post by wraddek »

After completing the game and "shiny hunting" chain fishing & Masuda method breeding I think finding shiny pokemon is way too bloody easy now, it used to be awesome and crazy rare. Now it's nothing to get excited over really :?
Wradical ;)

Return to “Games”