Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[N3ds Only] How to stream ALL CFW Games No Capture Kit

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
awesomeaustin316

[N3ds Only] How to stream ALL CFW Games No Capture Kit

Post by awesomeaustin316 »

This will show you how to stream your N3ds to your PC while still being able to play your Gateway game cart.
As far as I know however, this will work with any cfw as well. I've only ever tested with my Gateway though.
Warning-This is assuming you already have installed a cfw. This will not teach that.

Requirements
[*]N3ds
[*]A CIA Installer (I use FBI)
[*]An FTP App (I use this)
[*]Aux cable
[*]Small Philips head screwdriver (optional if your backplate has no screws)
[*]The latest NTR release (Click Here)
[*]A decent Wi-Fi Connection

Preperations
-(Only do this if you don't like using FTP to transfer files)-
-Take your N3ds and show the backplate. If you have screws under the ZTriggers, use the screw driver to unscrew these. Now use teh edge slits to pop you back plate off and take your Micro SD card out. -

You can set aside your N3ds for now.
Unzip your NTR preview folder to an accessible location.

Step 1
Inside your new NTR folder, you'll find a hierarchy reading

[*]Fake Proxy
[*]NTRDebugger
[*]NTRViewer
[*]BootNTR.Cia
[*]ntr.bin

You will want to transfer ntr.bin to the root of your sd card, and move BootNTR.cia to your prefered CIA location.
Go Back to your N3ds and insert your MicroSD. You may put your back plate back on if your prefer or wait till the end if you're not confident.

Or if you FTP'd it, good for you

Load Up your Gateway Emunand using your preferred method. IT MUST BE EMUNAND. Now using your CIA installer, install BootNTR.cia. Once this short process is done, exit your cia installer.

Step 2
On your Home menu will now be NTR. Click the icon and allow NTR to load. What this will do is load NTR while in Gateway mode which is what we want. Once this loads it will ask you to exit using the home button.
Once you're exited, press X and Y together to access the NTR Menu. Activate NTRDebugger and exit the menu.
Load up your FTP app. We aren't using this for file transfer, but instead the N3ds's IP address. Please make note of this IP Address as it is important. You may exit your ftp app once you do.
We are now heading to our PC

Step 3
On Our PC in the NTR Folder, we want to open NTRDebugger first, then inside this folder we will open NTRClient.exe. This will give an Error about a config file. However, it will create it stopping any further warnings. Now we will want to back track out and open NTRViewer, then open NTRViewer.exe.

Once you have that set up, go back to NTRClient and type into the command connect ('your3dsip', 8000)
After this, you will want to type remoteplay()
If all went well, you will now see in NTRViewer your N3ds's screens.
Now you can stream your Gateway (or any CFW) without a capture card.
Use your aux cable to transfer sound.

There are several different commands you can use in tandem with remoteplay and connect that will effect the overall performance of streaming. But this is as far as I can take you. I hope you all enjoy streaming !
Advertising
Sinon = Best Girl
VashEXE

Re: [N3ds Only] How to stream ALL CFW Games No Capture Kit

Post by VashEXE »

Thanks for this!
Advertising
awesomeaustin316

Re: [N3ds Only] How to stream ALL CFW Games No Capture Kit

Post by awesomeaustin316 »

Welcome! Glad it was useful
Sinon = Best Girl