Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] How to install FBI(For CIA Files)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
genxmur

[Tutorial] How to install FBI(For CIA Files)

Post by genxmur »

In case you don't have or can't afford a gateway or sky3ds this can be an easy way to install Games(mainly).CIA files are basically unsigned code that you can run,So you run anything without any 'checks'.You must ALREADY have a CFW installed for this to work,You can't run unsigned code on OFW.Once you do that,Come back here.

1)Go here and download FBI.zip https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
2)Extract the contents and copy the FBI Folder to the 3ds folder on your SD Card.
3)There should be a file called fbi.cia inside the Extracted content,Copy this file to the root of your SD Card OR you can create a specific folder for .cia files inside the root and copy it there.
4)Put your SD Card back into your 3ds and go into your homebrew launcher.Open FBI and navigate to the location of the .cia you just copied and install it.
5)You should now have an FBI app in your home menu so you don't have to use homebrew launcher everytime you wanna install something new
6)???
7)Profit! :mrgreen:

For installing CIA files or games,Just copy xyz.cia file to your SD card(Again in root or a new folder you created in root).
NOTE:Installing large .cia files takes time,Don't worry if it says that the estimated time for installing is 20-30 minutes.It's completely normal
I'll try my best to answer any questions below.
Advertising
patches

Re: [Tutorial] How to install FBI(For CIA Files)

Post by patches »

Does this work without ninjhax
Advertising
genxmur

Post by genxmur »

Yes and No.It does work without Ninjhax BUT you're gonna need another Homebrew Launcher.If you have Emunand/CFW you probably already have a homebrew launcher.
CosmicTacoCat

Post by CosmicTacoCat »

So let me see if I've got this right. If I were to have cia files for a couple of games, I could install them with this? That seems to good to be true. :D
And will this work fine with BASICsploit?
Hey b0ss
genxmur

Post by genxmur »

Yes it will install ALL of them.I don't have much info. about BASICsploit and I haven't tried it myself,AFAIK it's a homebrew launcher so in principle,It should work.
CosmicTacoCat

Post by CosmicTacoCat »

I'll give it a go then and report back with the results
Hey b0ss
CosmicTacoCat

Post by CosmicTacoCat »

failed to acquire kernel access.

oh well.
Hey b0ss
genxmur

Post by genxmur »

Just try another homebrew launcher,Like the web browser one or something.
Diapa

Post by Diapa »

When I try opening my FBI file from Homebrew Channel, it starts but after 5 seconds it shows a dark yellow screen, and the console blocks. How can I resolve this? I tried multiple times but the console seems to be blocked. I have the version 11.9.0-42E of the Nintendo software, and homebrew works without any problem. What can I do to resolve this?

Return to “Tutorials”