Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

The ads make this website horrendous to browse upon with mobile devices

Things that don't go in any other category
Forum rules
Inactive threads in this section are removed after 2 weeks
240-185

The ads make this website horrendous to browse upon with mobile devices

Post by 240-185 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 am

I am perfectly fine with the need of ads in order for websites to be up the following year.
I am less perfectly fine when they are so intrusive that they make the user think that he is browsing a website as if he were on an unpatched IE6.

This website is currently atrocious to browse on mobile devices if not unusable due to constant shady ads that force the user to be redirected on shady pages pretending the user has won something.

And don't even think to write a post since a mobile device as the constant loading of ads will FREEZE the device.

Has this website ever been tested on mobile devices? Or at least, is it possible to help you identify dubious announcers and ban them from the website?
Advertising

NNNRT

Re: The ads make this website horrendous to browse upon with mobile devices

Post by NNNRT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm

The forums are not currently in their final form. Some issues happened which forced the owners to go back to the original phpBB theme, but I think work is being done to improve the forums, especially on mobile devices. Ads are necessary here as they are the only way to keep this place running. Till then you can try using Tapatalk app, afaik it works fine with these forums. Thanks anyway!
Advertising
t h e r a r e t i g e r

Return to “Off-Topic”