Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official /talk Introduction thread!

Things that don't go in any other category
Forum rules
Inactive threads in this section are removed after 2 weeks
Civilised`

Re: Official /talk Introduction thread!

Post by Civilised` »

Hey,

I'm new to the forum. mostly play PS4. Love shooters and RPG!
Advertising
stevorkz

Post by stevorkz »

Hi Guys ;)

Not new to the hacking scene or wololo.net, but finally got around to registering.

I am a IT sys admin. Love my raspberry pi and arduinos and any other dev board I can get my hands on. I dibble and dabble in code nothing majorly serious, just teaching myself here and there.

Got myself a vita 2 days after the henkaku exploit and am EXTREMELLY excited to see it being opened up to its maximum potential just like the psp was.

Catch you later
Advertising
Tomboy

Post by Tomboy »

Hello. I joined this forum today looking to be a part of this community. I have known about homebrew for five years. If memory serves right, it was through this website that I learned what it was about. Unfortunately I have not been keeping up with the times, so some things I have to learn again.
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Tomboy wrote:Hello. I joined this forum today looking to be a part of this community. I have known about homebrew for five years. If memory serves right, it was through this website that I learned what it was about. Unfortunately I have not been keeping up with the times, so some things I have to learn again.
Welcome here! Through this place you can also learn again :lol: I know what it feels since I've done the same too, I was more active during the good old PSP days lol. Anyway, hoping to see you active and back in the scene.. That username btw 8-)
Loofy‍‍‍

Post by Loofy‍‍‍ »

Hello to all. I've been around the scene, on and off, the last couple of years. I'm hoping to stay stable for once, and pump out some good work.
Disuh

Post by Disuh »

Hello, my name is Disuh, I'm currently in the life-long process of learning programming (I've been programming for just a few months, so I have quite some time to go), I have made a functioning Pong game for my PSP using the PyGame PSP port, which works quite good (after overclocking, not that difficult), but I don't think it has enough power for a game with more sprites, like Breakout, so I let it rest for a while.

And now I'm learning C, and I remembered how it's also possible (recommended?) to program in C for the PSP, I actually tried installing the SDK before but I didn't have as much (still not much, but more) knowledge about Linux, so I couldn't install some packages (Automake1.9 e.g.). But now I'm trying again, and even though the PSP scene has (very sadly) died down quite a bit, and sites like PSPDev.org aren't online anymore, it would give me great satisfaction to write at least one functionable game in C for the PSP.

I hope there are still some PSP developers around in case I have questions, and hopefully one day I'll answer other people's questions on here.
Spookies

Post by Spookies »

Happy Halloween to all the miserable souls out there! Kind regards from yours truly!
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Disuh wrote:Hello, my name is Disuh, I'm currently in the life-long process of learning programming (I've been programming for just a few months, so I have quite some time to go), I have made a functioning Pong game for my PSP using the PyGame PSP port, which works quite good (after overclocking, not that difficult), but I don't think it has enough power for a game with more sprites, like Breakout, so I let it rest for a while.

And now I'm learning C, and I remembered how it's also possible (recommended?) to program in C for the PSP, I actually tried installing the SDK before but I didn't have as much (still not much, but more) knowledge about Linux, so I couldn't install some packages (Automake1.9 e.g.). But now I'm trying again, and even though the PSP scene has (very sadly) died down quite a bit, and sites like PSPDev.org aren't online anymore, it would give me great satisfaction to write at least one functionable game in C for the PSP.

I hope there are still some PSP developers around in case I have questions, and hopefully one day I'll answer other people's questions on here.
Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place. We're happy you're here and working on the PSP scene, and I personally hope to see something nice from you for our PSPs soon. Good luck and have fun here :)
Phantom+1

Post by Phantom+1 »

Hey all,
Phantom+1 here, long long time lerker first time joining. Only really joined because i noticed a lack of talk/topics in retro and xbox. PS is cool and i do enjoy the ps4 more but was lucky enough to have kids who want every penny out of me so we have both Xbox 1 and Ps4.

Retro why not? is really bothers me that the old school consoles and news dont get anything, you could be sat on a gold mine if you dont know what you got. (Sold 20+ consoles of mine for horse riding lessons for my little girl, before the boom) I rode a horse too, not a fan lol. For about £300, what i had is now worth well over a few grand.

A protoype N64 game Conkers bad fur day went for £68,100, impossible to find i know but still game prices of older games keep going up. That old pac-man on the atari Lynx is worth about £40 now. I know because of the last of the retro old *** that no one wanted is now actually worth going to the post office. :D

Anyways i hope we can get a retro section, and hello :D
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Phantom+1 wrote:Hey all,
Phantom+1 here, long long time lerker first time joining. Only really joined because i noticed a lack of talk/topics in retro and xbox. PS is cool and i do enjoy the ps4 more but was lucky enough to have kids who want every penny out of me so we have both Xbox 1 and Ps4.

Retro why not? is really bothers me that the old school consoles and news dont get anything, you could be sat on a gold mine if you dont know what you got. (Sold 20+ consoles of mine for horse riding lessons for my little girl, before the boom) I rode a horse too, not a fan lol. For about £300, what i had is now worth well over a few grand.

A protoype N64 game Conkers bad fur day went for £68,100, impossible to find i know but still game prices of older games keep going up. That old pac-man on the atari Lynx is worth about £40 now. I know because of the last of the retro old *** that no one wanted is now actually worth going to the post office. :D

Anyways i hope we can get a retro section, and hello :D
Welcome to the forums! It's a true and sad story that those sections related to classics are dying, and in these forums we feel the pain especially that we watched the PSP scene here from the beginning to the end. Anyway we hope you enjoy these forums and maybe revive a few sections, since a retro section would be useless without fans to surf it. :?
On a side note, you must really love your kids :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”