Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Play Monster Hunter Frontier G on your PS3

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
cultopi

[Tutorial] Play Monster Hunter Frontier G on your PS3

Post by cultopi »

Disclaimer: Monster Hunter Frontier G currently only allows players from within Japan play the game while the Hong Kong/Taiwan servers let you play from many parts of the world (At least I tested playing from US without VPN). Those who complain about CAPCOM not having this game localized in North America can use this tutorial to play the game free of charge (WARNING: The game will be in Chinese, MH series have almost zero story content anyway).

1. A Hong Kong PSN Account. Use this link to create an a/c (everything will be in English):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/home/games
Either use google map to lookup an address, or use any of these examples: xxx Victoria Rd, xxx Elizabeth Rd, xxx Sha Tin Rd, xxx Mong Kok Rd (xxx is 3-digit number).

2. Create a User account for this PSN account on your PS3

3. Download the game in PSN.

4. When finish downloading, update it when it prompts.

5. When you launch, it will ask you to link your COG account to your PSN account. If you don't have one, you can create before you start. It only requires an email and a few other misc info. When navigating thru the game, O is forward and X is go back . 1st row = username, 2nd = email, 3rd = password, 4th = confirm password
2016-06-08-203931.jpg
2016-06-08-203931.jpg (189.96 KiB) Viewed 18391 times
6. Enjoy !! 8-) 8-)
Advertising
Last edited by cultopi on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarmfulMushroom

Re: [Tutorial] Play Monster Hunter Frontier G on your PS3

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

cultopi wrote:Disclaimer: Monster Hunter Frontier G currently only allows players from within Japan play the game while the Hong Kong/Taiwan servers let you play from many parts of the world (At least I tested playing from US without VPN). Those who complain about CAPCOM not having this game localized in North America can use this tutorial to play the game free of charge (WARNING: The game will be in Chinese, MH series have almost zero story content anyway).

1. A Hong Kong PSN Account. Use this link to create an a/c (everything will be in English):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/home/games
Either use google map to lookup an address, or use any of these examples: xxx Victoria Rd, xxx Elizabeth Rd, xxx Sha Tin Rd, xxx Mong Kok Rd (xxx is 3-digit number).

2. Create a User account for this PSN account on your PS3

3. Download the game in PSN.

4. When finish downloading, update it when it prompts.

5. When you launch, it will ask you to link your COG account to your PSN account. If you don't have one, you can create before you start. It only requires an email and a few other misc info.

6. Enjoy !! 8-) 8-)
I'll give this a try later when I have time, thanks! Do you happen to know if the same is true for Dragons Dogma Online? I would kill to be able to play that game in the US...
Advertising
cultopi

Post by cultopi »

I thought Dragon Dogma came out in North America?!
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

cultopi wrote:I thought Dragon Dogma came out in North America?!
The base game did, but not Dragons Dogma Online. Last I heard only Japan can play, but I was wondering if the method above might also work. I can test it later, probably not tonight but I should have time tomorrow. But not to worry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Thanks for the original tutorial!
weynX

Post by weynX »

hi,

I did a mistake... I don't remember my ID and password, for the COG account....
where can I found it or create a new COG account ?

thanks by advance.

Return to “Tutorials”