Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Death to scrolling Ads

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Dudstar

Death to scrolling Ads

Post by Dudstar »

Remove Scrolling Ads (XMB)
Requirements:
1. Multiman/mmOS
2. Ability to blacklist a DNS domain for the PS3 using OpenDNS, local router, or other method.
Optional:
1. FileZilla (or other FTP client)
Steps to follow:
1. Start Multiman and use FileZilla (FTP client) to connect (or use mmOS directly)
2. Delete /dev/hdd0/tmp/explore/nsx/db.xml
3. Delete all applicable folders containing a file named getmanifest under /dev/hdd0/tmp/explore/nsx/
4. Blacklist ndmdhs.com or us.np.adproxy.ndmdhs.com through OpenDNS, local router, or any other method to blacklist the DNS domain
5. Restart PS3
After restart, the db.xml gets recreated, but since the DNS domain is blacklisted the folder and the getmanifest file isn't be created.
Be careful which folders you delete as some people may use /dev/hdd0/tmp/explore/nsx/ folder to install homebrew or show additional software on XMB.
Advertising
STLcardsWS

Re: Death to scrolling Ads

Post by STLcardsWS »

Nice Tutorial ...

I liked it so much i posted it back in 2013 :
http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/tut ... -xmb-3258/

Oh and he is the original Author
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t= ... post579934

You Forgot something at the end:
"That's it. Enjoy. Maybe somebody can build on this and find another way.

Sincerely,

stone_boys
"
Advertising
nCadeRegal

Post by nCadeRegal »

****, @stlcardsws, is it really a copy and paste? Are they a member over at psx place? I know that gets you blood boiling , especially when the source isn't credited, nothing against wololo, he is very good at giving his sources not like some other places.
[spoiler]Ps3 Phat 80gb 4.65 Ferrox, Ps3 Slim 120gb 4.65 Darknet, Ps3 Slim 320gb 4.66 OFW, Ps4 Destiny Bundle, Vita 1K OFW, Vita 1K TN-v, to many PSP's to list, Vita TV OFW, Collector of consoles[/spoiler]
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

dang too late to revoke my vote. Looks like I need to do more searching from now on whether a tutorial is actually new or not. Couldn't even be bothered to change up the wording at all, just removed the credits...
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

I could not find original post but thought I saw this posted a long time ago good thing I did not vote for it :roll:
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Locking, and dudstar has received a warning (and a temporary ban) for this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Tutorials”