Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How To Convert From CEX to DEX [PS3][Noob Friendly]

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Kristijan1001

How To Convert From CEX to DEX [PS3][Noob Friendly]

Post by Kristijan1001 »

Confirmed To Work On 4.65.2 Rebug CFW

Stuff You Need:
A Ps3 Console
Rebug Toolbox
Rebug CFW
IDPSET by zar:

Code: Select all

http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=271
1.Get Your Self On Rebug 4.65.2 (You Can Install It Over Any CFW)
2.Install Rebug Toolbox From
"Package Manager" > "Install Package Files" > "PS3 Hard Disk" > "REBUG-TOOLBOX.pkg"
3.Open Rebug Tool Box From XMB And Go To Utilities And Enable QA
4.Download This And Install It From
"Install Package Files" IDPSET PKG:

Code: Select all

http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=271
[/color]
5.Open It And Press X On "Dump eid_root_key" Let It Finish,After That Press X On "Make CEX & DEX Dumps" Let It FInish And Finally Press X On "Convert to DEX",Ps3 Should Restart And In "Rebug ToolBox" When You Press "System Info" It Should Say That You Are ON DEX.
6. You Are Done :) (For Future CFW You Must Use DEX CFWs Not CEX)[/b][/size]
Advertising
Last edited by Kristijan1001 on Tue May 24, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristijan1001

Re: How To Convert From CEX to DEX [PS3][Noob Friendly]

Post by Kristijan1001 »

Move this to Ps3 Section Didn't Saw It Was In Vita xD
Advertising
STLcardsWS

Post by STLcardsWS »

Well, this is actually a bit funny.

Considering this is a Tutorial for a contest right?
--Why use Rebug 4.65.2 and not say v4.80.1 (the current version)?
--There is a better method actually that is bit newer then this process., the funny thing is the process is labeled in the release notes , clearly in the CEX/DEX section here in this rebug link -->: http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-80-1-c ... -may-2016/
- You can all actions in rebug toolbox and oddly enough this was a change and new features to the toolbox and rebug in v4.65.2.

(From rebug.me)
CEX/DEX (REX EDITION ONLY)

SWAP LV2 KERNEL:
Swaps between CEX and DEX LV2 Kernel. This option will only work if your Target ID is set to DEX
REWRITE TARGET ID IN FLASH:
*NEW METHOD SINCE 2.02.02 / 4.65.2*

TOOLBOX Can dump your EID ROOT KEY without old eid root key dumper that was used for 3.55 / 4.21 while back, because it has its bulit-in eid root key dumper integrated for both CEX/DEX mode on 4.80 CFW this is universal feature, and toolbox can ensure your conversion done in less than 5 mins top, if you dumped your root key via toolbox’s utility tab, then toolbox will ask you if you’d like to continue flash-less auto conversion.
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

STLcardsWS wrote:Well, this is actually a bit funny.

--There is a better method actually that is bit newer then this process., the funny thing is the process is labeled in the release notes , clearly in the CEX/DEX section here in this rebug link -->: http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-80-1-c ... -may-2016/
- You can all actions in rebug toolbox and oddly enough this was a change and new features to the toolbox and rebug in v4.65.2.

(From rebug.me)

SWAP LV2 KERNEL:
Swaps between CEX and DEX LV2 Kernel. This option will only work if your Target ID is set to DEX

TOOLBOX Can dump your EID ROOT KEY without old eid root key dumper that was used for 3.55 / 4.21 while back, because it has its bulit-in eid root key dumper integrated for both CEX/DEX mode on 4.80 CFW this is universal feature, and toolbox can ensure your conversion done in less than 5 mins top, if you dumped your root key via toolbox’s utility tab, then toolbox will ask you if you’d like to continue flash-less auto conversion.
I was wondering why this as well wen rebug can do this :roll:
Kristijan1001

Post by Kristijan1001 »

STLcardsWS wrote:Well, this is actually a bit funny.

(From rebug.me)

SWAP LV2 KERNEL:

I had this tutorial written awhile ago (have tons tut written on other forum) just improved on it and posted it.Haven't Kept Up With Ps3 This Year cause its pritty much dead(Didn't know Toolbox Had it since always done it this way).So just tough i would post this if it helps anyone,cause its simple and quick(because most of the tut out there can be really complicated to some users)

If a mod wants to improve on it with the latest feature go ahead , because i dont want to talk off my head. (If that breaks rule for contest dont mind it at all)

Return to “Tutorials”