Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 3.35 CFW

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
5ham5h33r

PS3 3.35 CFW

Post by 5ham5h33r »

1. Go to google and type on the top 'www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3-cheats ... ction.html

2.On the website scroll down u will see 3.35 custom firmware. Then click on show u will get a number of options and then click on the 4th option-kmeaw 3.35 CFW.rar (170.6 MB).

3. You will see the option-'Download to your computer'. Click on that. Then it will start downloading.

4. After the download gets completed you can see the rar file on the desktop. Extract the files.

5. Insert a pendrive to the computer and make a new folder and name it "ps3". Then inside the "ps3" folder make another folder and name it "update". Copy the extracted file to the "update" folder.

6. Eject the pendrive from the computer and insert it to the ps3.

7.Go to "setings". In that select the "system update" option. You will see 2 options-
1.update via internet
2.update via storage media.

8. Select the second option. Then click "OK".Then the update will start. And it will restart.

9. It will show 'checking for update data.....
Please wait.' Then it will start installing. The ps3 will restart.

10. Congratulations you have successfully installed the "CUSTOM FIRMWARE(CFW)". JAILBROKEN YOUR PS3!!!!!! :D
Advertising
Mr.iCE

Re: PS3 3.35 CFW

Post by Mr.iCE »

And why would anyone want a 3.35 CFW?
Apart from that ... there was never a 3.35 OFW to begin with.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Mr.iCE wrote:And why would anyone want a 3.35 CFW?
Apart from that ... there was never a 3.35 OFW to begin with.
That and your folder names aren't even correct, they're case sensitive. Should be PS3 and UPDATE... And also since most people release the update files in unrecognizable names you should've said to rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP or the PS3 won't detect it. And you should've specified that the flash drive needs to be FAT32 formatted, as well as the fact you will have to be on 3.35 (or whatever firmware that really is or lower) for it to install... AND before you attempt installing the PS3UPDAT.PUP file make sure to both verify the MD5 hash AS WELL AS make sure no games are in the blu ray drive.

Also since most people will not have a 3.55 or lower console sitting around their house (and if they did have one they would've already jailbroken it a long time ago...) why not go into details on how to use a downgrader? And how the 3000 and 4000 series PS3's are not exploitable? I mean honestly if you're going to redo a tutorial that's already been done many many many times before why not try to include everything so it looks like you're actually trying to help and not just writing it to win a competition..? And if not just make sure to include both correct information and at least the bare minimum information needed, (which includes just about everything I added above)... Just saying...
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Sorry to all guys who think this is *** (probably is) but the thing is that all the tutorials written by this account on PS3 and all other sections except PSP and PS Vita is by a friend of mine and I only post them on his requests I have no idea about these devices sorry

Return to “Tutorials”