Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial to Play PS1 Backup/Imports on SuperSlim PS3 OFW

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Dunce

Tutorial to Play PS1 Backup/Imports on SuperSlim PS3 OFW

Post by Dunce » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 am

You'll need a could of items to have your Super Slim to run the games.
Items:
Piece of scotch tape. (Roughly the length of a credit card the more the better)
Piece of paper.(About the size of a CD in length and half the size of a CD in width)
A Glove or a sock.
An Official PlayStation 1 CD
Your Backup or Import or PlayStation 1 Specific homebrew CD
Super Slim PS3

Now that we are prepared lets begin.
1)Make sure you have the PS3 Logo facing you so that it is read correctly then turn on the system
2) Open the disk tray and remove any CD that is in the ps3.
3) On the top right there should be a plastic tab sticking out apply the piece of tape in that corner so that the tape is pushing back the tape and that when you have a CD in the system that the CD wont contact the tape.
4) Fold the piece of paper until you have a small square like object
5) Put an Official PS1 game in the PS3
6) With the folder paper you are going to try and find a small button/latch that is in the casing of the PS3 but close to the area of the disk tray. You will know when you find it because your CD will start to spin while the disk tray is still open

At this point your PS3 will look like this.
7) You have two options at this point either A) Put on your sock or glove and stop the CD and take it out of the PS3 or B) On the XMB hover over the Playstation disk icon and wait until the disk tray stops spinning the CD.
8) Replace the CD with your backup/import/homebrew CD
9) Click on the Playstation Icon
10) Enjoy

When you are done
The only thing you would need to remove is the piece of paper so that you can close the disk tray door if the tape is applied properly there will be no need to remove it as the tape does not interfere with the normal functions of the PS3.

Couple of Side Notes
#1) This does not work 100% of the time. I have had Major Success with Tekken 3 (It's played every game I've tried) and some success with Metal Gear Solid and Tetris Plus (Plays some games but not imports)
#2) You can sort of chain the process what i mean is that you do not need to put back in the Official game to run another Backup or Import. All you need to do is to exit the game to the PS3 main menu then just swap the backup with another backup
#3) You have the ability to Remote Play with this method since the PS3 allows the player to Remote Play PS1 games and all this method is doing is swap PS1 application for another PS1 application.
#4) This doesn't seem to work with CD-RW for me it would hang on a black screen.
#5) Technically this method should be able to work on the Older models of ps3 though that would require the access to that model's disk tray so that you can swap the disk.

Hope this helps anyone out. If there is any confusion please let me know and I will help you out the best that I can.

Edit#1: I had to find a better image hosting site. I tried to slyfully using DropBox to do the task be that only resulted in a situation where everyone saw broken links except me...Life lessons.
Advertising
Last edited by Dunce on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

atreyu187

Re: Tutorial to Play PS1 Backup/Imports on SuperSlim PS3 OF

Post by atreyu187 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:50 am

Does this support multi disc games? I have CFW so don't need it but I'm sure others are curios.
Advertising

STLcardsWS

Post by STLcardsWS » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 am

This contest needs to be NEW things i thought?

I know i wrote about this method before back in march of 2013
http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/run ... dels-3134/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ScOpjFkm8

Dunce

Post by Dunce » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 am

atreyu187 wrote:Does this support multi disc games? I have CFW so don't need it but I'm sure others are curios.
I haven't tested this with a multi-disc game so personally I do not know. Will add the information when I've tested it out.

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:00 pm

STLcardsWS wrote:This contest needs to be NEW things i thought?
We've discussed it in PM, but to clarify:
The contest is about writing original tutorials, as in "written by yourself". Unless there is proof that a tutorial was copy/pasted from somewhere else, it is considered original.
But of course, NEW stuff is always better.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

STLcardsWS

Post by STLcardsWS » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:08 pm

wololo wrote:
STLcardsWS wrote:This contest needs to be NEW things i thought?
We've discussed it in PM, but to clarify:
The contest is about writing original tutorials, as in "written by yourself". Unless there is proof that a tutorial was copy/pasted from somewhere else, it is considered original.
But of course, NEW stuff is always better.

I know we discussed it, this was before that PM.. :)

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Yup, I just wanted to make sure everybody else saw your comment was not being ignored. I take plagiarism very seriously.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!

Return to “Tutorials”