Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to: Use Remote Play with OFW Vita & CFW PS3

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
PootieTang

How to: Use Remote Play with OFW Vita & CFW PS3

Post by PootieTang »

Hi Guys!

I recently came across a way to enable the remote play functionality between the Vita & PS3.
This method worked for me 100% with 0 lag & no issues whatsoever, I tested it with about a dozen games (ex. Borderlands 2 GOTY, AC IV Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Diablo III, Crysis 3, Dead Island GOTY, etc).
None of the below info is my finding, no credit is due to me (except for taking the time to write this post :D).

What you need:

Vita with OFW (I used 3.00)
PS3 with CFW (mine had 4.50 Rogero 1.01 when testing)
PS3 System File Editor 0.80 from http://ps3.brewology.com/downloads/get.php?id=10314
a PC
a WiFi router (best if it's connected via cable to the PS3, not wireless)
any PS3 game backup

Steps:

1. D/L & install PS3 System File Editor on your PC.
2. Open the directory of the PS3 game backup you want to enable remote play for, and locate the PARAM.SFO file (in PS3_GAME folder or USRDIR).
3. Backup the PARAM.SFO file.
4. Open PS3 System File Editor (ignore the warnings) & load the PARAM.SFO file you want to modify.
5. Just tick the box under Remote Play & save the file, overwriting the original (make sure it's backed up first).
6. Pair your Vita with your PS3 (locate remote play on either device and follow the instructions).
7. Launch Remote Play on your Vita and connect to your PS3 via private network (the system will guide you on what to do, internet should work also but is NOT advised with CFW PS3, since it requires PSN).
8. You now control your PS3 through your Vita, launch MultiMan (or whatever you use to launch game backups) & load the game for which you modified the PARAM.SFO file.
9. Launch the game from the XMB, via the Vita.
10. Presto, you are now playing via Remote Play on your PS Vita! :ugeek:

Keep in mind you have to edit the PARAM.SFO file for each game separately, but once that's done, you're good to go.

Also, I highly recommend NOT to allow your PS3 to connect to PSN, since this method requires a hacked console and you run the risk of being banned!

Hope you guys will enjoy this, I know I do! :D
Advertising
Def

Re: How to: Use Remote Play with OFW Vita & CFW PS3

Post by Def »

Multiman does not do it automaticaly?

I tought ther was no need to edit param sfo ourselves since MM do it.
Advertising
PootieTang

Post by PootieTang »

You don't need to edit anything to play the games on PS3, but to enable Remote Play, it has to be edited.
Def

Post by Def »

PootieTang wrote:You don't need to edit anything to play the games on PS3, but to enable Remote Play, it has to be edited.
No, i was talking of course the same thing that you (I own a vita and a CFW PS3).

I just tested with a fresh installed new backup (which I have never tested) and i can confirm you there is no need to edit anything, it works directly. I don't know if Multiman do it automatically (i'm on rebug 4.46.1 and Multiman 4.30) but almost all my games is compatible with vita remote play and I have never edit param sfo in anyway.
friedrice821

Post by friedrice821 »

Yes, Multiman automatically does it. You can manually disable Remote Play in PARAM.SFO, run the game via Remote Play + Multiman, reopen PARAM.SFO, and see that Remote Play has been re-enabled.
PootieTang

Post by PootieTang »

Def wrote:
PootieTang wrote:You don't need to edit anything to play the games on PS3, but to enable Remote Play, it has to be edited.
No, i was talking of course the same thing that you (I own a vita and a CFW PS3).

I just tested with a fresh installed new backup (which I have never tested) and i can confirm you there is no need to edit anything, it works directly. I don't know if Multiman do it automatically (i'm on rebug 4.46.1 and Multiman 4.30) but almost all my games is compatible with vita remote play and I have never edit param sfo in anyway.
So for the games that did not work for you, did you try updating the SFO to see if that makes them work?
Def

Post by Def »

I admit I don't try it. For example, Diablo 3 crashes my PS3 when i tried. But it's a minority of all games, all other works without edit anything.

You said in your first post:
a way to enable the remote play functionality between the Vita & PS3.
You didn't talk about just the few games which don't work without editing SFO.
You said too:
Keep in mind you have to edit the PARAM.SFO file for each game separately
According to you, we have to edit the file to make remote play works, regardless of the game. So i just want to emphazise that remote play between CFW PS3 and a Vita works directly without any files modification. Otherwise folks who looking for a tuto and read this one may believe they HAVE TO edit for each games while it not need, it's just a waste of time.
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Mirror's edge works
So, AC Black Flag and Diablo 3 (maybe others)
arr crashing the system till hard reboot. Tried different
CFW and multiman versions with same result. Tried editing
PARAM. Nothing.
The last of us, beyond and dark souls 2 are just quitting to xmb
It seems they do not really support the thing, but what's wrong with diablo?
Any solutions?
Anyone alive here?
Thnx
rickpower

Post by rickpower »

can i use remote play if my vita is on 3.51 and ps3 cfw

Return to “Tutorials”