Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

**Not working again**PS4 Remote Play with lower Vita version

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
Shaitan

**Not working again**PS4 Remote Play with lower Vita version

Post by Shaitan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:16 am

This method will help if Remote Play isn't working for you on 3.18,

IT WILL NOT WORK BELOW 3.18

This method uses the OpenCMA/PS3 trick to allow you to use a PS Vita with a lower-than-current firmware(3.00 and above) as a remote play device for your PS4 eg. if you need a lower firmware for a game exploit.

1) Install OpenCMA from here http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252 , try connecting to OpenCMA with your computers internet turned off to make sure it installed properly.
2) Connect your Vita with a lower than current firmware to your computer by usb cable.
3) Open Contant Manager on your Vita and wait for the transfer type screen, then unplug the Vita from your computer WITHOUT closing Content Manager, we need that to stay open, just press the PS button and swipe to the home screen.
4) On the PS4 go to Settings then "Playstation Vita System Connection Settings" then "Add Device" and it will give you a code.
5) On the PS Vita open the PS4 Link app and choose Remote Play and it will ask you to sign in, sign in and it will ask for your sharing preferences(I just chose no-one) then it will ask for the code you got from the PS4, enter it and you're ready to go.
Advertising
Last edited by Shaitan on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

hudavendigar

Re: PS4 Remote Play with lower Vita version bypass

Post by hudavendigar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 am

You mean over the internet right? Great tip, I've just recently gotten faster internet both home and mobile, so it would've sucked if I couldn't test out Remote Play.

Local Remote Play works fine without needing any tricks of course.
Advertising

Shaitan

Post by Shaitan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:57 am

lol I was meaning over wifi but you're right, not sure if it will help over the internet if that's a problem because I can't test atm. I spent a while trying to use wifi for vita remote play getting errors or asking for an update but when I did the steps above it worked straight away.
Mods you can delete this as it's pretty much useless:(

hudavendigar

Post by hudavendigar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 am

Oh *** I might be wrong. I thought local Remote Play worked without having to update. I'm
Probably wrong because I haven't had a chance to test it since I've always been on the latest firmware since I've had a PS4.

Maybe it only asks for an update if you haven't registered it with your PS4 yet?

Shaitan

Post by Shaitan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 am

ok. I tried again without opencma and it works but might be because it's already done. Hopefully someone else on a lower firmware can test.

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Sun May 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Just tried this myself, couldn't get it working. Got as far as choosing remote play and signing in, where it then asked me to update system software.

Shaitan

Post by Shaitan » Thu May 22, 2014 7:14 am

I just tried it again and you're right it's not working any more. They might of patched.

wickerman

Re: ***Not working***PS4 Remote Play with lower Vita version

Post by wickerman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Im on 3.01 exploit ps vita and ps4 is not update to latest version yet. If I try cma trick will it work still.

Shaitan

Post by Shaitan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:51 am

wickerman wrote:Im on 3.01 exploit ps vita and ps4 is not update to latest version yet. If I try cma trick will it work still.
Unfortunately no, this method worked when 3.10 was released but not anymore. It might be like other tricks where it works when one new firmware is released eg. 3.01-3.10 but not the second eg. 3.01-3.12
But it's more likely a recent ps4 update simply told the ps4 to look for a vita firmware version above 3.01

nycearthquake

Post by nycearthquake » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:30 am

What about 3.18 anybody got it working in anyway also if installed papaton 2 demo on my psp side is there anyway i can use it on my ps vita side

Return to “Tutorials”