Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Potential Workaround for PS1games incompatible w/ Adrenalin

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Potential Workaround for PS1games incompatible w/ Adrena

Post by fate6 »

Gensosuikoden wrote:Makes sense I suppose given that Adrenaline emulates the PSP hardware.
It doesn't, The Vita has the MIPS CPU in its SoC which is why it has near perfect PSP and by extension PS1 compatibility.
What TN-V and these days Adrenaline do is hack together the XMB then run on top of it, Its really clever how it works IMHO.

As for POPs compatibility it just has to do with SCE updating and changing parts of it when ever they released a new PS1 game on PSN so POPs loader was made so people could pick which version they wanted for what game.

If im recalling correctly at least :/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Still odd that Popsloader worked on TN-v4 though.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

dmaskell92 wrote:Still odd that Popsloader worked on TN-v4 though.
Its less that it can't work with adrenaline and more that TN just doesn't want to fix it on the eCFW end or by updating the plugin.

Which is fare considering how much work he has put into Adrenaline as it is.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
joseph_tn

Post by joseph_tn »

crash bash (PAL-E) don't work (maybe game boot, but freeze on first loading screen)
if anyone can help me...
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

joseph_tn wrote:crash bash (PAL-E) don't work (maybe game boot, but freeze on first loading screen)
if anyone can help me...
Have you tried PCSX Rearmed on RetroArch? It works good for Final Fantasy VII (Retranslation patch). The only issue I have is that it crashes after you lock/sleep the device. To combat this I make a save state before locking the screen. Then you reload RetroArch and load the save state next time.

I have a plugin to download, and I want to get sudorku. After I do that I can test and see if I can get it working.

----

I have this game working perfect so far, using the USA version converted through psx2psp. I wouldn't recommend running this title through Retroarch because it lags allot. PM me and I will add you on discord or something and I can help you.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
joseph_tn

Post by joseph_tn »

dmaskell92 wrote:
joseph_tn wrote:crash bash (PAL-E) don't work (maybe game boot, but freeze on first loading screen)
if anyone can help me...
Have you tried PCSX Rearmed on RetroArch? It works good for Final Fantasy VII (Retranslation patch). The only issue I have is that it crashes after you lock/sleep the device. To combat this I make a save state before locking the screen. Then you reload RetroArch and load the save state next time.

I have a plugin to download, and I want to get sudorku. After I do that I can test and see if I can get it working.

----

I have this game working perfect so far, using the USA version converted through psx2psp. I wouldn't recommend running this title through Retroarch because it lags allot. PM me and I will add you on discord or something and I can help you.

yeah i try it, i know all about RetroArch "world"

(PCSXrearmed r22 0b52c77) game work good, but the audio synchronization and quality is very very bad!

well, i use USA NTSCU version (work good on adrenaline)

Return to “Tutorials”